ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm

@paz,

dats bad yaar...only kd... :(

nyways, coooooooooonnnngratulaaations to the couple :)

yeyyyyyy, mira im gonna meet u soon :)

im relieved now... see i told ya paz, nothing's going to happen, u were just unecessarily scared... :)

yeyyyy, start cleaning the home for mira now... n treat her like queen :)

congrats again :)
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

mrite123

Post by mrite123 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 pm

come on paz mate...

Share good news with us..:)

Takecare

sanghasaab

Post by sanghasaab » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Congs paz very nice to hear that :D

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeyyyy... Congrats paz for getting visa done.

Waiting over now and very very happy for you. Not long now when you get to see your wife..
God bless you both.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm

neerajverma wrote:Destination London..
I've applied on 8th May 2012 at VFS Jalandhar but status is still forwarded to BHC. Hoping that it will update under process by this week..
Fingers crossed ..
Thanks neeraj... just hoping it gets processed soon...hoping to get visa for my wife and son soon .. lets see

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Guys..... Good News - Sorry for the delay, been arranging flights, telling a few people and of course working too.... Need to make more money now hehehe..... Good news the VISA was granted. Stamped yesterday....

Thank you sooooo much to everyone you all are so kind and I appreciate all the support back, and I know all of you waiting will hear good news very soon too... Thank you Soooo much...

Some bits that may help you and people in the future....

Time Line;
Applied (AHM, Gujarat) - 6th March 2012
Under Process - 11th March 2012
Sent Back to Application Centre - 12th June 2012
Collected from AHM, Gujarat - 13th June - VISA GRANTED.....!!!!!!

Waiting - 3 Months and 1 Week..... (66 Working Days, taken away all weekends and holidays on the BHC website), 14 weeks and 1 Day

Documents List;
Sponsor’s Financial Documents
• 12 Months Bank Statements (HSBC Advance Current Account – (£50,000 Income after TAX & NI)
• 12 Months worth of savings statements (HSBC) – For 3 different savings accounts – (Total - £7k)
• Letter from HSBC confirming length of time at bank and average balance / income.
• 12 Months worth of payslips (PAYE) (Including some old payslips and P60’s)
• 12 Months worth of payslips confirming drawings / directors loan / Dividends and Bonus.
• COVER LETTER – Explaining Statements, finances and savings etc
• COVER LETTER – Explaining the savings accounts
• ICICI Statements since the account opening in October 2011 for sponsor (Paras Patel), Statement also included for joint account including print of check book confirming it is a joint account. Total Balance 208,000 Rupees.
• Copies of schemes with ICICI (3), one with sponsor, and 2 with joint schemes with Paras & Mira. Total value 125,000 Rupees Now, but 5 years value of 1 Core Rupees
• 2 Years worth of personal self assessments.

Employment
• Work Contract (This is a contract between 3 partners)
• Letter from sponsors 2 business partners and Accountant/Finance Manager (Chris Prout, Mike Dauncey & James Hutchinson), confirming employment, directorship, drawings / salary and PAYE payments.
• Letter From James as personal sponsor (Best Friend & business partner)
• Management accounts from start of business till January 2012
• Company Registration & VAT Certificate
• Share Certificate & HMRC Document confirming directorship of Inside Consultancy
• End of year accounts statements confirming turn over, corporation tax etc.
• Payment receipt for PAYE, corporation tax, statements showing these transactions, and recent bank statements for Inside Consultancy including credit card statements
• Copy of credit and debit card confirming I am card holder

Other Documents from Sponsor
• Copy of driving licence
• Lexus car loan plan and statement showing regular payments
• Birth Certificate (Original & Copy with Notary)
• Passport (Photo Copies of all pages) certified by a solicitor & stamped.
• Utility Bill (Last years worth, 6 monthly) – Npower – In Sponsor’s name
• Documents confirming some savings plans from sponsor’s father confirming that the monies become available to Paras (Sponsor) upon completion of term next year.
• E-Tickets, boarding passes, - Confirmation of 3 trips to India
• Receipts of certain goods like gold bar, engagement and wedding rings etc.
• Sponsor ship letter from before the marriage
• Sponsor ship letter after the marriage and returning to London
• Phone bills (T-Mobiles) both Personal & Business (Proof of address and also calls made using the 3rd party companies)

Accommodation
• Over 40 photos of our home (inside & outside)
• 2011 Mortgage Statement
• Council tax Bill for 2011 including an up to date statement of payments
• Water bill in my fathers name
• Gas & Electricity bill in my name
• Deeds, title plans for the house
• Plans of the house stamped by the local council, (Planning application plans)
• Letter from sponsor parents confirming home, and that both me and Paras (Sponsor) will be staying there, there acceptance for marriage
• COVER LETTER – Explaining accommodation written by sponsor.

Joint Documents
• Wedding invitations (both sides)
• Wedding Cards received in London for guests unable to make it to India for the wedding
• Marriage Certificate
• Photos of our wedding
• Photos from our engagement (Vidhi) in March 2011 (22/03/2011)
• Photos from our honeymoon – Jaisalmer, Jodhpur & Jaipur (Rajasthan, India) & Mauritius
• Photos of our time together in September 2011, March 2011 and after our wedding.

Communications / Gifts (Joint)
• Cards which we have both sent each other (these are only some of them for special occasions, there are others which we have not included)
• Some private photos of us both at the hotel, and on our honeymoon.
• Telephone records (online print outs from Reliance, Rebtel, Pennytalk and Airtell)
• COVER LETTER – Communications & Telephone Records (2)
• Skype log (again copied & paste version as it does not allow you to print direct from screen, cover letter includes screen shots.
• Raspberry Messenger Print outs, Email versions (Plenty of)
• Email print outs of all the flowers / cakes / sweets Paras has sent me
• Western Union money receipts / email confirmations of pick up. This is all the money Paras my sponsor has sent me before marriage and after marriage
• Parcel receipts including customs invoices showing gifts my sponsor has sent me.

My Documents (Miraben Paras Patel) – Applicant
• Birth Certificate (Original & Photocopy)
• Passport (Original) – Current Passport
• Old Passport (Cancelled)
• IELTS Certificate – 5 band overall, (5.5 in Speaking, and 5 in Listening)
• BCom Certificate (English Medium)
• Leaving Certificate
• Voting Card (Original)
• Additional Certificates (Educational)
• Personal written letter to aid application process
• Electricity Bill (In my granddad’s (Dada’s) Name (Proof of address)
• Courier receipts for parcels sent to Paras (sponsor)
• Indian Post Office passbook showing a scheme in which I pay into (320 Rupees per month)
• Passbook for bank account showing recent balance and deposit for money received as wedding gifts.

It is a long list yes, but I hope this helps people going forward..... It is 100% honest as to what I put in, but maybe this is what went against me, everyone kept telling me the more I put the better, but maybe the more documents the longer it takes... Who knows....

What i will also say is, look I had such a tight case and run my own business etc, there was no reason for me to worry when it has got to those 3 months.... Mira the wife is convinced none of the documents have even been looked at apart from her english certificate and our marriage certificate. DO NOT Worry just let it take its course... I think mine was just randomly long. I rang BHC on Monday they told me they are doing further checks and expect to wait between another 6 weeks. And it could go up to 24 weeks, and Tuesday it was stamped.....

Thank you again to all of you.... And I know all of you waiting will hear very good news. I am going to stay on the forum so any questions please ask or PM me, or my email address is paras000@hotmail.com you can email me and/or add me on FB with that email address as many of you already have.... Our partners coming to London / Uk from India will all be alone so it is good for us all to make friends etc
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Couple more things - I have booked her flight and cancelled my flight... She is arriving in the UK next week Thursday AM..... One week from now...!

Also two more posts to follow, KD Patel suggest an email to parliment about the visa changes, I sent a long email and got a reply just now, this is the reply;

Dear Mr Patel,

Many thanks for getting in touch regarding the Government’s proposals on family migration into the UK. Many others have also contacted me to make clear their opposition to what the Government is suggesting and we intend to take a long hard look at the full package of measures once they are published. People have cited a wide range of anomalies that could exist, including in relation to those living with a disability and the differential pay gap between men and women and whether the UK salary or assets of the migrant could be taken into account when their review is being considered. Such is the number of emails that it would be difficult for me to go into the details of each and every case.

Theresa May has suggested that she intends to bring in a wide range of reforms, but unfortunately the Government have not yet shown us the precise details of what they intend, nor have they explained exactly how their changes would be implemented, what level of discretion there will be, or how the proposed changes will impact on different communities or people. These should be published soon and then we shall make clear which elements of the changes we will oppose and which we will support. We may be able to support, for instance, government proposals on preventing sham marriages. That is why we have already asked the government a series of questions about the fairness, the effectiveness and the implementation of their policy.

Our broad approach will be guided by four principles:

· Everyone coming to this country should expect to live by our rules, speak our language and want to make a contribution to our society

· The right to love and marry the person of your choice is intrinsic to our shared humanity but only genuine relationships, rather than pretend ones fabricated for immigration reasons, should qualify for bringing a spouse, partner or family member into this country

· Nobody coming to this country should expect to rely on public funds (in fact immigrants to the UK are less likely to depend on or be in receipt of benefits than the resident population)

· Any changes have to be fair, equitable and effective. In this regard we worry that by relying solely on the income of the sponsor (especially in the present economic circumstances when someone on a decent salary today can all too easily be made redundant tomorrow), the Government’s changes may actually be counter-productive. That is why we are seriously considering the idea of a bond that would be payable on arrival and redeemable after a fixed period.

Once again, I am grateful to you for getting in touch.

Yours sincerely

Chris Bryant

Chris Bryant MP

Member of Parliament for the Rhondda
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I also contacted my MP a few times, but I think he waited for the 3 months to finish... He sent me an email just now on what he sent to them on Monday, so this may have helped my case I am not sure

Email I got from my MP (Vince Cable)

Dear Mr Patel

Thank you for your telephone call. For your records, this is the email Dr C able sent on your behalf.

Best wishes

Joan Bennett
Constituency Office Manager
Rt Hon Dr Vincent Cable MP
2a Lion Road Twickenham TW1 4JQ
020 8892 0215

Sent: 11 June 2012 14:50
To: 'mpcorrespondence@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk'
Subject: FW: Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
Importance: High

For the attention of the MPs’ Enquiry Line

Re: My constituent Mr Paras Patel and his wife, Mrs Miraben Sanjaybhai Patel – Application ID GWF013264317

Paras Patel is one of my constituents and he contacted me at the beginning of June about the application of his wife for a settlement visa which was submitted on 6 March. The attachments to this email should enable you to trace the case.

As you can see, Mr Patel is deeply anxious that the application process be concluded as soon as possible to enable his wife to join him in the UK. From everything he has told me, this is a completely bona fide application and I would be grateful if you could let me know when Mrs Paras is likely to receive a decision.

I look forward to your response.

Rt Hon DR VINCENT CABLE MP
MP for Twickenham, Teddington, Whitton & The Hamptons
2a Lion Road
Twickenham TW1 4JQ
Tel: 020 8892 0215
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Fantastic Paras. Your analysis and understanding of the process is simply superb.

Good luck and the real countdown begins for you now..:-)

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:46 pm

@Paras: Congratulations Paras, All the very best for the start of a new chapter in your life. Lets hope everyone who has applied for a visa gets one. Congrats again :D.!!!
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Congratulations to both of you

mrite123

Post by mrite123 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:30 pm

:) Congrate Paz :)

**Wish you a happy married life in UK**

m1234

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Congratulations Paz, thats great news,

Good luck for the new chapter in your life :-)

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Congrats Both of u !!

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Dear Paras

Congrats, it was nice to hear about visa for your wife.
Wish you Happy married life

T.C

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 pm

kalvian wrote:Dear Paras

Congrats, it was nice to hear about visa for your wife.
Wish you Happy married life

T.C
Thanks so you much Kalvain, How are you and how is your other half now she is home.....?
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Thank you too you all. I want to hear everyones good news very soon, and I know all of you will hear very good news soon too...

I hope the information I have provided is helpfull you all and anyone going forward too....

The email from the MP about the changes is concerning though about the bond thing coming into affect....

Anyway one battle at a time right....!!!

Thank you again to all of you... I want to continue updating my spread sheet (which I know some of you have as you have emailed me) so please keep me posted.... And those who have added me on FB thanks, and those who have not please do as be good for us all to keen in touch....

Anyone who still wants the list email me, any updates I will email to you guys too.

I want to help as many people as possible. Im no solicitor BUT over the last 5 months I heave learnt everything about the VISA process, I know all the new rules too as read the documents, and even things like getting your passport done in India I know it... As I have done it all my self, no agents and no solicitors. Even the wife's passport I done from here, and after the wedding I even done the name change. Even my in laws passports have been done on line from here too by me...

Any help please ask, but as I may not always come onto the forum best to email me (paras000@hotmail.com) or Facebook.....
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Mal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Mal1990 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi im new here. Ive been following the topic for the last few months. My spouse applied in chandighar on the 4th april 2012. - status changed to under process at the BHC near enough the same time. Im just waiting now. Hopefully good news.

Been 44 Working Days (not including uk bank holidays) shall i include these?

When do you think i'll recieve an update?

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Mal1990 wrote:Hi im new here. Ive been following the topic for the last few months. My spouse applied in chandighar on the 4th april 2012. - status changed to under process at the BHC near enough the same time. Im just waiting now. Hopefully good news.

Been 44 Working Days (not including uk bank holidays) shall i include these?

When do you think i'll recieve an update?
Hi M,

You will have to exclude bank holidays and saturday sundays. If your application date is 4th april your days accomodate to near 50 i suppose?
Hopefully you will recieve an update soon. This week or the next fingers crossed for you :)

Mal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Mal1990 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi M,

You will have to exclude bank holidays and saturday sundays. If your application date is 4th april your days accomodate to near 50 i suppose?
Hopefully you will recieve an update soon. This week or the next fingers crossed for you :)[/quote]

Ive counted the days not including the following

Good Friday (06/04/12)
Easter Bank Holiday (09/04/12)
May Day (07/05/12)
Queens Diamond Jubilee (04/06/12) & 05/06/12)

Without including these tomorrow will be 46 days? Or are any of the above counted as days?

Also if a visa is granted (fingers crossed) will i just need to book a ticket for my spouse or after she has undergone a medical?

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Mal1990 wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:Hi M,

Hopefully you will recieve an update soon. This week or the next fingers crossed for you :)
Ive counted the days not including the following

Good Friday (06/04/12)
Easter Bank Holiday (09/04/12)
May Day (07/05/12)
Queens Diamond Jubilee (04/06/12) & 05/06/12)

Without including these tomorrow will be 46 days? Or are any of the above counted as days?

Also if a visa is granted (fingers crossed) will i just need to book a ticket for my spouse or after she has undergone a medical?
Yes you can book tickets any time, for medicals just make sure she has a chest X-Ray and a Blood report CBP(complete blood picture) with her as they will ask that on the airport.

Mal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Mal1990 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Where in india can she get the CBP and xray from?

Do the above have an expiry date?

Also if she travels without the above then will it cause a major problem?

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Mal1990 wrote:Where in india can she get the CBP and xray from?

Do the above have an expiry date?

Also if she travels without the above then will it cause a major problem?
When I first entered UK in 2007 i was informed to keep those two things with me for they might ask. its only needed for first entry into uk or entry after three months of overseas stay. You can get it done in any nearby Diagnostic center. I am not sure about the expiry but i think it will be ok if you get it done even a week before. However they mention in the UKBA border website that they will examine you if needed so if you have those reports you can pass through the border easily. You can look up here for more information http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... eaorswiss/

Mal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Mal1990 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:03 pm

It doesn't mention anything about a chest xray or CBP. Just UK pre-departure tuberculosis (TB) detection certificate if you come from certain countries. I dont think india is currently in the certain countries catergory.

Best to be on the safe side. I'll mention it to her and ask her to find out.

The waiting is horrible. Feels like a lifetime. Fingers crossed its good news and her visa is granted ASAP. I feel lost without her.

Btw thanks for answering my questions. Really appreciate it

NishaSharma
Newly Registered

Post by NishaSharma » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 pm

My husband applied in Jalandhar on 5 April 2012. It's 46 working days today, and the application is still under process at BHC. I really hope we hear soon, it feels like its been an eternity.