ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magneta

Tier 1 General Extension confusion

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi

I have a big doubt. Just now a person from immigration office came to my office and told the HR that some of us who have Tier 1 General while going for extension, they will automatically be moved to Tier 2 General and there will be no Tier 1 for us. Is this true? I havent seen any news regarding this and I have seen people posting here about their Tier 1 extension. This is simply confusing. Can anyone please clarify this for me as I am going for my extension on 18th June(next monday)

Thank you
Last edited by magneta on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

argus7
Wales

Re: Tier 1 General Extension confusion

Post by argus7 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm

magneta wrote:Hi

I have a big doubt. Just now a person from immigration office came to my office and told the HR that some of us who have Tier 1 General while going for extension, they will automatically be moved to Tier 2 General and there will be no Tier 1 for us. Is this true? I havent seen any news regarding this and I have seen people posting here about their Tier 1 extension. This is simply confusing. Can anyone please clarify this for me as I am going for my extension on 18th June(next monday)

Thank you

I don't believe this. Did HR come and say this to you personally?

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Yes, she just came and told me about this and also said even she was confused as she didnt get any updates regarding this. But apparently the immigration officer has seen my visa copy and some of my colleagues' visa copy. She said they will all be moved to Tier 2 while applying for extension.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:08 pm

magneta wrote:Hi

Thank you
your HR is plotting to move you to tier 2 so you get locked in with the company and don't have the option of changing jobs

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm

What crap!
Shame that you are naive enough to even get confused with this crap.

If you meet the requirements for leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General), no one can stop you from applying for (and being granted) leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant. The only way to stop that is to bring in a change in immigration rules and put an end to leave to remain applications.

I am conscious of the comments that people will be tempted to make in this topic. So don't be surprised if you find it locked pretty soon.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Actually my HR told me and other people who are due for extension that if we are changed to tier 2, then they have to re advertise the job, conduct interview with other people too to show to UKBA. Now I am totally confused

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 pm

magneta wrote:Actually my HR told me and other people who are due for extension that if we are changed to tier 2, then they have to re advertise the job, conduct interview with other people too to show to UKBA. Now I am totally confused
someone played a prank on your HR, or you have got one hell of an inefficient HR

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:17 pm

sts96508 wrote:
magneta wrote:Actually my HR told me and other people who are due for extension that if we are changed to tier 2, then they have to re advertise the job, conduct interview with other people too to show to UKBA. Now I am totally confused
someone played a prank on your HR, or you have got one hell of an inefficient HR
Tell me about it, i repeatedly told her this is not the case. There was no news, but she insisted that this was from immigration officer. she was going to call up some immigration advisor to check up on. Although I didnt believe this to be true, i got jitter that i am missing something, that to with my appointment fixed for 18th.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:19 pm

magneta wrote:
sts96508 wrote:
Tell me about it, i repeatedly told her this is not the case. There was no news, but she insisted that this was from immigration officer. she was going to call up some immigration advisor to check up on. Although I didnt believe this to be true, i got jitter that i am missing something, that to with my appointment fixed for 18th.
now you are talking...have you got all docs you need from your employer for your extension application ? if not, this sounds fishy. just to confuse and scare you from not going ahead with your application

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 pm

sts96508 wrote:
magneta wrote:
sts96508 wrote:
now you are talking...have you got all docs you need from your employer for your extension application ? if not, this sounds fishy. just to confuse and scare you from not going ahead with your application
I have got my payslips and p60. Here is a list of all the docs I am submitting

1. 2 Photos
2. 12 Month Payslips
3. 12 Month Bank Statements(Original)
4. 3 Month Bank Statement for Maintenance(This is from a different account)
5. Application Form
6. Fee
7. Points calculator printout showing my points.

Am I missing anything else? I am not applying for any dependant. Do I need a letter from my employer?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:34 pm

you don't need letter from employer. attested payslips or payslips on letter head will do just fine.

others docs look good too

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Thank you so much for all your help. After i get my extension, I will talk to HR about what the issue was.

magneta

Post by magneta » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi All

I just got the natwest printed statement from branch for the last ten dayss (25th is my statement date) It was printed on an a4 sheet, it is black and white. Although it shows the logo, my name , address and account number. it is not in letterhead(i mean colored one). they refused to stamp saying they are not doing it. Will this be enough? am I in trouble?

They told me this is what several people use for visa purposes(the black and white printout with natwest logo)

Please help!!!!!

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:14 pm

magneta wrote:Hi All

I just got the natwest printed statement from branch for the last ten dayss (25th is my statement date) It was printed on an a4 sheet, it is black and white. Although it shows the logo, my name , address and account number. it is not in letterhead(i mean colored one). they refused to stamp saying they are not doing it. Will this be enough? am I in trouble?

They told me this is what several people use for visa purposes(the black and white printout with natwest logo)

Please help!!!!!
if the logo is black and white too, how can it be distinguished from an online statement ? search this forum well and wait for others to reply, but my opinion is that you are in trouble if you rely on this statement.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm

magneta wrote:Posted the new issue in the first post
And made the topic completely senseless .. forcing me to make an effort to bring it back to sense!!

:roll:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

HR will only be concerned if you do not fit the recently revised Tier 1 General criteria. Like if your pay is less than 28K etc. May be that's what they meant.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 pm

magneta wrote:Just now a person from immigration office came to my office and told the HR that some of us who have Tier 1 General while going for extension, they will automatically be moved to Tier 2 General and there will be no Tier 1 for us.
This is utter nonsense!

Even if your HR dept think you do not satisfy the revised Tier 1 General criteria as suggested in one of the posts there is no legislation to automatically change someones immigration status as indicated above. Ensuring that you satisfy the Tier 1 General extension eligibility criteria lies with you the applicant & not your employer.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Please help!!!!!
Natwest are known to issue ad-hoc statements like this. When this happened to me in the past I went to my local branch and requested a covering letter to confirm the authenticity of the statement & had them sign the black & white statement (they do not stamp either online or ad-hoc statements anymore). I submitted these along with the Bank Managers card and didn't have any issues.

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Please help!!!!!
Go to the branch again and ask to see the manager and threaten to complain to head office. Branch staff are known to fob people off like this. Mention you will do a formal complain and they will stamp it for you. I did the same with Halifax, got the stamp and £25 as a good will gesture too.
Make sure you mention head office and complain.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Palmist wrote:HR will only be concerned if you do not fit the recently revised Tier 1 General criteria. Like if your pay is less than 28K etc. May be that's what they meant.
Hi Palmist. What are the new criteria? Where does it say that your pay shouldn't be less than 28K for extension?

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 pm

mah wrote:
Palmist wrote:HR will only be concerned if you do not fit the recently revised Tier 1 General criteria. Like if your pay is less than 28K etc. May be that's what they meant.
Hi Palmist. What are the new criteria? Where does it say that your pay shouldn't be less than 28K for extension?
Ignore the 28K, I meant 25K, major changes below. Depending upon when you got your first Tier 1, these changes may not apply to you.
Check eligibility on UKBA website.

1. No points for bachelor degree
2. No points for earnings below £25,000

secsmed
Newly Registered

Post by secsmed » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 am

sts96508 wrote:

Please help!!!!!
if the logo is black and white too, how can it be distinguished from an online statement ? search this forum well and wait for others to reply, but my opinion is that you are in trouble if you rely on this statement.
I also got the same from NatWest but my branch also did stamp on every page. I sent it and I think it should be fine.