ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering Letter EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello,
As i was going through this forum i saw that everybody has written details of relationship to prove to ECO that they are married and this marriage is not fake.

My question is Mine is a arranged marriage,i got married in 2008,at that time i had a Indian Nationality,its just 4 months before i got a European nationality, so do i have to write in covering letter to prove our relationship or just a marriage certificate and few photos of marriage will do.

You must be thinking how i got European nationality,I am from Goa,and Goa was a Portugal Colony so all goans are eligible for Portugal nationality.

Please Guru Eusmile reply

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Covering Letter EEA Family Permit

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 pm

prince1475 wrote: My question is Mine is a arranged marriage...
An arranged marriage is a perfectly valid marriage so long as it was freely entered into, so don't worry about that.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:11 pm

prince1475 wrote:...i got married in 2008...
That's quite a long time now, which is great.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Are you both still in India? Although sometimes the ECO are making decisions which seems illogical, I would not think they wil claim a 4 years marriage to be a marriage for immigration purposes.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:16 pm

prince1475 wrote:...everybody has written details of relationship to prove to ECO that they are married and this marriage is not fake....
Technically, you just need to present your marriage certificate. If the ECO believes that the marriage is one of convenience, he must prove that. Before concluding that it is one of convenience, he should offer the opportunity to the applicant to dispel any concerns.

On the other hand, if you have ready evidence that you've been living together, it's very easy to include in the application, but you don't have to.

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Thank You Eusmile and Jambo.

Jambo i am in UK from last one month

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello,
I am not getting a appointment in Portugal Consulate in London to endorse copy of my passport to apply for EEA family permit for my wife in India,they dont have any appointment till mid-July is it possible i can certify copy of my passport through solicitor in London,ECO will accept it or is going to refuse.

Please reply EUsmile and Jambo i will appreciate

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm

prince1475 wrote:Hello,
I am not getting a appointment in Portugal Consulate in London to endorse copy of my passport to apply for EEA family permit for my wife in India,they dont have any appointment till mid-July is it possible i can certify copy of my passport through solicitor in London,ECO will accept it or is going to refuse.

Please reply EUsmile and Jambo i will appreciate
A straight photocopy of the biometric should be fine. There are other means of verifying documents are genuine and the one you suggested may be be one of them.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

A straight photocopy of the biometrics page should be sufficient in most cases.

I know it says this on the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/
a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application)
However, in this document http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf

it says this
Evidence of your sponsor’s nationality
This could be copies of:
bio-data pages from their passport
their national identity document
their residence permit
I'm not sure what evidence the UKBA expects to see for spouse visas, but suspect that they don't ask for a certified photocopy of the British citizen's passport.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 pm

[post removed]

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello,
One last question if i and my wife mentions EEA regulations 6,7 and 12 in covering letters will it be alright or ECO will be offended, i know its a silly question but one of my mate told me i cant mention EEA regulations in Covering Letter as ECO's they know the regulations and might get offended,
just want to clear my doubts.

Please reply EUsmile and Jambo i will appreciate.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm

And if they get offended, would it matter to the outcome of the application?

Write whatever you feel is appropriate. Don't worry about the ECO feelings.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm

You can write what you like, but best to keep the letter short and to the point. ECO will not be offended by reference to the regulations.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 pm

prince1475 wrote:One last question if i and my wife mentions EEA regulations 6,7 and 12 in covering letters will it be alright or ECO will be offended, i know its a silly question but one of my mate told me i cant mention EEA regulations in Covering Letter as ECO's they know the regulations and might get offended,
just want to clear my doubts.
ECOs have been rejecting applications for such a bizarre variety of reasons, that I think it is dangerous NOT to mention the regulations to the ECO. But as usual be polite and to the point

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Hello,

I had email VFS UK helpline in India asking them whether i need a certified copy of my passport i have received reply saying that.

Thank you for contacting VFS UK visa helpdesk.

With regards to your query, please note that it is not necessary that the passport copy of the sponsor should be attested or certified by a Solicitor. It is enough if the applicant submits a normal photocopy of the same.

Please do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Sivin

UK Visa helpdesk

Helpline No. - 91-022-67866000

my question is can i rely upon on this email and suppose ECO refuses visa can i take any action

Please reply Jambo,EUsmile,Directive i will appreciate

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 pm

An ECO won't refuse. Relax!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:24 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:An ECO won't refuse. Relax!
I agree with this.

But there are no guarantees in life. No such thing when dealing with VFS. Or UKBA.

jrge

Post by jrge » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:An ECO won't refuse. Relax!
I agree with this.

But there are no guarantees in life. No such thing when dealing with VFS. Or UKBA.
That's why I have suggested OP to print that email, make a single photocopy of his passport, include his ID card and briefly mention it in the cover letter. We are doing the same for two applications that will be lodged in Spain.

In a different note, I still don't quite understand why some of these Embassies are so bureaucratic and slow to process a simple document.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

prince1475
Newly Registered

Post by prince1475 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello,
My wife applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT last month in India it's almost 15 working days, I called VFS they told me that it take around 40 days because now they consider EEA FAMILY PERMIT same as settlement visa,I told him to check the website properly.
Could anyone please give me the email ID or phone number where I can complain or website from where I can get all the information.

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:04 pm

prince1475 wrote:Hello,
My wife applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT last month in India it's almost 15 working days, I called VFS they told me that it take around 40 days because now they consider EEA FAMILY PERMIT same as settlement visa,I told him to check the website properly.
Could anyone please give me the email ID or phone number where I can complain or website from where I can get all the information.

Thanks
After 15 days complain like crazy. An EEA family permit is not a settlement visa. Point out that priority must be given to EEA family permit applications.

Don't take no for an answer.