ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa approval in Venezuela

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archipelago

Visa approval in Venezuela

Post by archipelago » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi all, i have some good news, my wife's spouse visa in Venezuela has been approved today (in record time it would seem!). Here is the timeline:

27th August - Application made online
30th August - Appointment for biometrics, payment, and submitting documents at Embassy
2nd September - Email received from British Embassy in Bogota, (they process applications from Venezuela) stating application received and opened.
5th September - Email advising visa approved (first working day after the day the documents arrived to Colombia!!!)

Now that is what I call customer service!

Our situation was that we have been living in Venezuela for 4 years, married for 3 of those years. Neither have confirmed jobs to go back to, I did but it fell through, although I have an interview offer which I submitted. Fortunately we have some savings and also will be living with parents at first, so low initial expenses. Reading through this forum played a major part in us achieving this!

amo7ale
Newly Registered

Post by amo7ale » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 pm

hi there,

reading this made me happy.. im happy that everything was simple for u :)

im also living with parents n work in the family busimness. what information did ur parents have to supply to show u can live there with them n they are happy for u to do so??

thank you

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi, we provided a lot of evidence in our application and spent many months preparing it. It is always better to give more than not enough!

Between myself and my parents we provided:

Land Registry details - can be purchased on the officail website.
A dated signed letter from both my parents stating they are happy for us to stay with them until as long as is required, and that we will have access to our own room.
A Housing Report - created by myself which detailed rooms and sizes.
Current photos of all bedrooms, living rooms in the house.
Most recent mortgage statement
Council tax bill

amo7ale
Newly Registered

Post by amo7ale » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks for reply

can i ask how you sent the documents to venezuela?

im considering going myself with all the documents to give to my finace but wondering if there is a quick and safe way to send them via post?

thank you

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm

My parents sent the documents out to us by DHL. Good idea to make a copy of everything before you send it. Only took a couple of days to get to us.