ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for new born

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mailpaul32
Newly Registered

Visa for new born

Post by mailpaul32 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 am

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are on tier 1 general and will be completing our 5 year stay in Jan 2013 when we plan to apply for ILR. We are from India.

We had a baby last month was born and now we are a bit confused in terms of the next steps I.e. do we get her an Indian passport and then apply for her tier 1 dependent visa or are we allowed legally to wait till my wife and my ILR is done and then we can straight away apply for a British passport for our child?

Any pointers to help us out of our dilemma would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Paul

paulmathew
Newly Registered

Visa for child born in the UK

Post by paulmathew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 am

Hi

Mine is a follow on question along the same lines, and my name is Paul too. So, sorry about that confusion. Appreciated if both our questions can be answered.

My child now 3.5 and was born here and she is now on as my Tier 1 dependent. We are now applying for ILR at end of June. So when we apply for ILR is it right to not mention her as dependent but apply citizenship for her once we get out ILR?

Paul.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 am

Paul's
The answer to your questions is one and the same. Apply for your ILR and you can apply for your child's Citizenship. You don't need to include your child on your ILR application.
Give me more Karma (+)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

paulmathew
Newly Registered

Post by paulmathew » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:33 am

Thanks to every one who replied about child born in the UK, further to that on my 3.5 year old

1) What is the form to use for the child to apply for citizenship after we have got ILR?

2) How long does that process take?
3) Would she then be under the same kind of controls when she travels to India that an adult would have been, i.e she would should not be travelling on her Indian passport, but would need a visa or OCI card.
4) would there be any hassles in in getting an OCI card for her?
5) How long would an OCI process take?

thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 am

Click on the link given above, and in the linked post find the word "register" and click on it. For any further queries on child's registration as British citizen, post your queries in this forum.

For queries regarding Indian immigration, post your queries in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mailpaul32
Newly Registered

Post by mailpaul32 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am

sushdmehta wrote:See Child born in the UK
Thanks for the link. It's pretty clear now.

Regards
Paul