ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP application without wedding pictures

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gujjargujrati

EEA FP application without wedding pictures

Post by gujjargujrati » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 pm

dear guru,,,you always reply each and every question relating to eea fp and other immigration categories,,,i am french citizen living and working in uk,,my wife and son have applied eea fp in islamabad,,i got married 1997 in pakistan but unfortunately we could not make wedding pictures. my son is 14 years old,,,we have few pictures made during our honeymoon trip to swat,,,my question is,,,bhc islamabad can refuse my wife,s eea fp application due to not providing strong evidence that this was a genuin marriage ? because one of my friend application was refused due to not providing wedding pictures and cd but the couple has no kid,,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 am

Wedding pictures are not required.

I would be surprised if a marriage of 15 years (with a child) can be seen as not genuine. A marriage certificate should be enough to prove the relationship.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 am

Why do you think you need to provide anything more than a marriage certificate?

How long have you been apart from your family?

gujjargujrati

re

Post by gujjargujrati » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Why do you think you need to provide anything more than a marriage certificate?

How long have you been apart from your family?i visit my family at least once a year .i raised the question of marriage validity because there are lot of refusal decisions because ECO was not satisfied and that he does not think it is genuin marriage because not enough evidence was provided . in most refusal decisions i see this