ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

special team?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

special team?

Post by mehroozeb » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello every one,
I have recently received British citizenship.... had ILR in january 2011..... i applied for child tax credit about 3 weeks ago... called them today for updates and i was told that application is not fully processed and it will be refered to a special team and they cant say how long it will take to be processed .... i was also told that if the special team needs further info they will contact me.
anybody in the same situation? how long will this special team take to process the application. can i send them any details/ info to speed up the application?

thanks for reading. will appreciate your help>

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Any reason why you did not make the application shortly after getting ILR?

There is a question on the application form about whether you have been subject to immigration control in the recent past. How did you answer that question?
John

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

Post by mehroozeb » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:31 am

@ john ........ i did not apply soon after ILR because I was working and now i am unemployed just my husband is working and he doesnt earn enought ..... to the question regarding immigration control i relied no

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:25 am

That being the case, I do not understand why a special team is involved.

Hopefully the claim will be resolved soon.
John

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by mehroozeb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 am

its been over 5 weeks now i made a claim for child tax credit ....called them yesterday ... the lady couldnt give me any info @ the progress of the case neither could she tell me timescale for the decision because its a different department dealing with it.... any one has similar experience in the past? how long it took for previous cases to be resolved?
you experience will give me atlease a rough idea.

regards