ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DANKEZHU
Newly Registered

Re: Applied in 24 Jan

Post by DANKEZHU » Tue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi all,
I have received my passport and original documents back today with the application has been approved.

My progress is:

2/May PEO in Croydon,and told to go home wait due to IT issue
Wait , no new updates
29/May received all the documents back by Royal Mail

The Biometric card will be distributed within 7 working days according to the letter.

I understand all of us here are waiting painfully, but seems more and more good news are coming, which means HO is speeding up now.

So good luck to everyone.

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 pm

hello all

congratulations to all who have been successful in their applications

wondering if anybody could clarify something for me please .... I applied at PEO Croydon on 11th April for ILR based on 5 years WP, same employer. As far as I'm aware it was a straight forward application and I provided letters from the employer, bank statements, payslips, P60's etc and my abscences from the UK are also within the acceptable limit.

I was sent home due to IT issues, received a letter 5 days later - now this is where I'm confused - the letter said my application was 'valid' but required further enquiries. However they did not elaborate on those further enquiries and I have not been asked for any supporting/additional documents :-/ So what exactly are these further enquiries and has anybody else had a similar letter of acknowledgement but no actual further material etc requested?
I haven't heard anything from them since then and just don't know how much longer I'll have to wait - is there any way of finding out if they did send out a further letter asking for more documents, or sent the passport back, but it's gotten lost in the post or something??

any replies much appreciated! thanks

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

HI,
I am in the same situation, the only difference is that my application was not WP but HSMP/TIER1. I applied on the 16th of April, was sent home due to IT issues and got the further enquiries letter a few days later. I am not sure how long it takes niether do I know what they was to do as per the further enquiries. I guess we can't but wait as it appears UKBA will not entertain any call untill after 6 months.

Bash

mfb123
Newly Registered

Post by mfb123 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

Hi SSC923,

I was in the exact same situation, same employer for 5 years, P60s etc but they gave me a letter for Further Enquiries required (PEO - Cryodon 27-04-12) but I recieved a call on 23-05-12 that application has been approved and I recieved my BRP on 25-05-12.

So you do not need to worry about this, just be patient and you will get your ILR.

For safe side just update your employer that there could be a enquiry from Home Office regarding my employment for ILR.

Good Luck

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks for your replies

DANKEZHU
Newly Registered

Re: Applied in 24 Jan

Post by DANKEZHU » Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 pm

DANKEZHU wrote:Hi all,
I have received my passport and original documents back today with the application has been approved.

My progress is:

2/May PEO in Croydon,and told to go home wait due to IT issue
Wait , no new updates
29/May received all the documents back by Royal Mail

The Biometric card will be distributed within 7 working days according to the letter.

I understand all of us here are waiting painfully, but seems more and more good news are coming, which means HO is speeding up now.

So good luck to everyone.
Hi all,
I have received my Biometric Card today, only one day after the receipt for the passport.Seems HO is very efficient now.

So do not worry, yours will also come soon.
Good luck

sapeyuk

ILR deferred because to absences

Post by sapeyuk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am

Hi All,

I went to Croydon for my ILR application and my case was deferred because I have just under 300 days of absences - most of them for business - and one business absence of more than 90 days - only by 5 days though - because I became ill and was unable to travel back to the UK before 90 days deadline. I had provided every document I could and case worker assured me they do not need any more docs and have everything they need, it's just that a senior case worker has to have a look at my case because of one > 90 days absence. She also assured me that my case will be death with in Croydon and will not be forwarded to another office.

She said it usually takes them 3 weeks to make a decision. The waiting game begins and fingers crossed.

Please, please, if you know of similar cases - either approved, refused or deferred - share with me.

Regards,

ak33dc
Newly Registered

Post by ak33dc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

Hi sapeyuk,

I'm in the same situation. Went to the PEO in Croydon on 24 January to submit my ILR (SET O). Having reviewed my documents, the caseworker said that because of a 91 day absence (for work), a senior staff member would have to review my application. The caseworker informed me that it should not take more than two weeks - its now been over 19 weeks and no word. And as we all know, they won't provide you with an update over the phone unless its been more than 6 months.

Hope your application doesn't take as long as mine.

cheemsa
Newly Registered

Post by cheemsa » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 pm

It will be very helpful to know Other cases where the ILR application was forwarded to senior case worker due to absences from UK. I filed my case on 28 march 2012 (same day premium service) but i am still waiting for home office decision. "ak33dc" has been waiting for over 4 months. When did "sapeyuk" file for his ILR application. Did anyone got their application approved by senior case worker in less than 2 months. I will appreciate response as I urgently need to travel on business but home office has still not decided on my case. Does anyone know the fax numb of senior case worker team at home office?

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

have any of the people who have been waiting since march/april received any news from ukba recently?

do they definitely use registered mail to send the documents back? i'm just so worried thinking "what if they have sent either a letter asking for additional information or the actual documents and they've gone missing in the post?"

is there any way of finding out just the status of the application and not necessarily an expected date of completion? i know i sound like a broken record but this indefinite wait with no end in sight and without ANY answers is so depressing :cry:

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm

I applied for ILR on June 6th and no news yet obviously. I said I want to collect the passports and docs myself so I am waiting for them to call me.

abz120
Newly Registered

ILR confirmation received

Post by abz120 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Me and my dependents received the ILR confirmation today.

PEO Appointment : 11th April 2012
BioMetric issue: Was promised that case worker looked at the case and everything thing is fine, just waiting for Biometrics and will get a call in few days. Handed the letter HO has docs and Passport.
Letter from HO stating Further checks: 20th April 2012.
All Docs including passport with ILR confirmation received by post: 13th June 2012 (Confirmation letter was dated 12th June 2012)
HO did not call at all.

Now waiting for the Biometrics.

All the best for all those who are waiting. HOpe the agonising wait comes to an end soon.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Congtrats abz120, I am so glad to atleast know that the UKBA guys are working on our deffered applications.
Last edited by Bash1oo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank you for letting us know about your good news, abz120. It gives me some hope that someone is working on these cases, even if it's ever so slow. I was starting to loose the will to carry on with my day-to-day activities.

abz120
Newly Registered

Biometrics in today

Post by abz120 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks for the wishes..

Received the Biometric cards today.

Well for all those who are waiting, I can only say just put this behind you and go on with your day to day activities. Plan holidays with in UK and enjoy while you can. It will come as a surprise gift one day.

We had cancelled all our overseas plans and had planned UK holidays and other activities as though we are free to roam. Waiting and thinking of this will only frustrate you more.

Good Luck everyone.

aummar
Newly Registered

Post by aummar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:01 am

I applied for ILR using set form O on 12th June at PEO Croydon , I was away from the UK for 536 days in last 5 years, 506 days for business travel and 30 days of vacation. No single absence over 90 days. I wrote a cover letter explaining my job requirements and why I have to travel on frequent basis and also obtained a letter from HR department detailing purpose of travel and why I have to travel so much.

My appointment was at 8:15, I got done with fee and biometrics pretty quick and handed over my case to case worker at 915 everything was going well, case worker looked at my spread sheet and employee letter and said he has no issues with my high travel. He told me to take a seat around 1015 the case worker called me and told me that my wife's biometrics are not coming through and I will have to wait. It was a long wait, around 1500 case worker called me again and returned all my documents except our current passports, he said that my biometrics came through but they have some sort of system issues and my wife’s biometrics are not coming through. He showed me the grant letter but said he cannot give it to me until they have my wife's biometrics and once the issue is resolved they will post me the passports and I will receive BRP within 7 working days of receiving the grant letter.

Has someone else experienced something similar? I have seen posts regarding IT issues but it seems that in all those cases applicants were not shown a decision and either their appointments were rescheduled or case worker kept all the documents. Do you guys think that i should wait for few days or should I start calling the home office to figure out where my passports are?

cheemsa
Newly Registered

Post by cheemsa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 am

On 11 June home office called my agent that my ILR was approved and that we can collect documents and passport from home office. I had sent a fax to HO stating that I had to attend a work related conference abroad where I am also presenting some material.

I am now waiting for my card issued by DVLA. Does anyone know how long the card takes. Thanks for all the advice I got at the forum.

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 pm

aummar wrote:I applied for ILR using set form O on 12th June at PEO Croydon , I was away from the UK for 536 days in last 5 years, 506 days for business travel and 30 days of vacation. No single absence over 90 days. I wrote a cover letter explaining my job requirements and why I have to travel on frequent basis and also obtained a letter from HR department detailing purpose of travel and why I have to travel so much.

My appointment was at 8:15, I got done with fee and biometrics pretty quick and handed over my case to case worker at 915 everything was going well, case worker looked at my spread sheet and employee letter and said he has no issues with my high travel. He told me to take a seat around 1015 the case worker called me and told me that my wife's biometrics are not coming through and I will have to wait. It was a long wait, around 1500 case worker called me again and returned all my documents except our current passports, he said that my biometrics came through but they have some sort of system issues and my wife’s biometrics are not coming through. He showed me the grant letter but said he cannot give it to me until they have my wife's biometrics and once the issue is resolved they will post me the passports and I will receive BRP within 7 working days of receiving the grant letter.

Has someone else experienced something similar? I have seen posts regarding IT issues but it seems that in all those cases applicants were not shown a decision and either their appointments were rescheduled or case worker kept all the documents. Do you guys think that i should wait for few days or should I start calling the home office to figure out where my passports are?
Hi aummar,
This is a common problem. I saw the same thing happening with many applicants when I had gone for my ILR in April. Their IT systems are one of the worst. It keeps breaking down. They did the same for one guy and told him that they will send his letter via post, but no sooner he walked out of the centre, his reports came. The case worker asked the security to check if the guy was still around. Luckily, the guy was still in the car park and they managed to call him back and handed him the approval letter. I would say their is nothing to worry, wait for few days and you will get your letter.

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:59 pm

cheemsa wrote:On 11 June home office called my agent that my ILR was approved and that we can collect documents and passport from home office. I had sent a fax to HO stating that I had to attend a work related conference abroad where I am also presenting some material.

I am now waiting for my card issued by DVLA. Does anyone know how long the card takes. Thanks for all the advice I got at the forum.
congratulations cheemsa
do you mean the biometric card? i didn't realise the dvla issued that...

i'm sure you must have posted this before, but i can't remember of the top of my head - when did you apply for ilr?

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Post by linuxman2k3 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:43 am

aummar wrote:I applied for ILR using set form O on 12th June at PEO Croydon , I was away from the UK for 536 days in last 5 years, 506 days for business travel and 30 days of vacation. No single absence over 90 days. I wrote a cover letter explaining my job requirements and why I have to travel on frequent basis and also obtained a letter from HR department detailing purpose of travel and why I have to travel so much.

I had a similar issue in Liverpool on the 12th of June too. My documents were returned but they kept my passport and my wife's passport. I was told they would complete the work the following morning due to the biometrics IT issues and that my passports would be sent back on that day. I have not received my passports yet and I am very angry as my wife has had to cancel her trip to France.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:12 am

Hi guys, any update from those that applied between Feb and April and still outstanding? particularly Londonguy79, ZyRon33, vtp11321, coolbawa, chweetgurl?

aummar
Newly Registered

Post by aummar » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 pm

linuxman2k3 wrote:

I had a similar issue in Liverpool on the 12th of June too. My documents were returned but they kept my passport and my wife's passport. I was told they would complete the work the following morning due to the biometrics IT issues and that my passports would be sent back on that day. I have not received my passports yet and I am very angry as my wife has had to cancel her trip to France.
Thanks for your reply, I got a call from HO today and they told me to come and collect my passport.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Hi guys, any update from those that applied between Feb and April and still outstanding? particularly Londonguy79, ZyRon33, vtp11321, coolbawa, chweetgurl?
Hi Bash

My situation as below
applied on 7th march 12 in peo croydon -told IT issues and will be contacted in 48 hours
Till Date MP wrote to them and the 6 weeks deadline was missed by UKBA then i had solicitor involved due to my nan's death urgent travel plan. Compliant was filed on 11th Jun and only yesterday we received an interview letter that too in Liverpool a month and half later!!! Although i have submitted Required co hab docs spread over 2 yrs they asking more and my husband's illness and travel stress was not even considered!! anyway now solicitor is going to respond to them on this matter and see outcome.. Not only i paid premium but also to pay more through solicitor ...

ZyRon33
Newly Registered

Post by ZyRon33 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Bash,

Still painfully waiting. 6 months in July

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Still Waiting...

Post by coolbawa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 am

I am still in same situation, applied on 14th March, contacted MP and UKBA sent reply to MP that application is valid and is with concern department (who knows which is that dept :)) and they cannot tell any ETA. I am now tired of thinking about the same and now I have another problem about family sponsorship as I was planning to sponsor my widowed mother who is 70 years old and dependent on me but the new changes are due on july 08th in that category will effect adversely on our plans as I canot apply for her till I get indefinate :(( I am Canadian citizen and now I am in position to compare immigration policies of both countries and I would rate 0 for UK policies as they are not able to hold/retain the mass tax paying immigrants rather this is country is boon for people who make use of (abuse) the benefit system... Anyway no more display of frustration... and just keep waiting..