ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric invitation letter not received

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 am

manex wrote:Let us know how your complaint goes and whether you receive any acknowledgement or not. It took them about 10 days to acknowledge my complaint and they sent a response to my complaint before the 20 working day period.
Hi Manex, I received an acknowledgement on the same day, they said they are looking into the matter and will get back as soon as possible. I don't know how long it will take. I am guessing they should send out the biometric invitations for applications received in April from next week onwards, the people who had applied the week before us got their letter almost a month ago! I should've applied in the March itself but Barclays messed up my bank statement and had to wait for a week to get the duplicate statement. Now I am being made to suffer :(

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:51 am

Another day without biometric invitation letter, Applied on 2 April
:cry:
N/A

Bhusal
Newly Registered

Post by Bhusal » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Tier 4 wrote:

Applied on 4th April, no BIL. Has anyone got?

iahsan

Applied on 31st March

Post by iahsan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:40 pm

I have applied on 31st March 2012 and am still waiting for Biometric invitation letter.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 am

Hey Guys,

Sick & tired of waiting, so i have followed suggestion from other members and wrote an email complaining about the delays to receive my biometric letter. I applied on the 4th of April and rec'd ack lttr on the 9th of May and since then nothing.......... :(

Lets hope that it gets some of the lazy a*** moving :o

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 am

Deepshithole2010 wrote:Hey Guys,

Sick & tired of waiting, so i have followed suggestion from other members and wrote an email complaining about the delays to receive my biometric letter. I applied on the 4th of April and rec'd ack lttr on the 9th of May and since then nothing.......... :(

I just got off from phone talking with UKBA and been told I am not yet in their system. I applied at 2nd April, mean 2 months 10 days waiting for Biometric invitation letter, God know how much time they will take to decide the application considering so much time for just Biom letter.

Woman said they received so much application therefore it will talk longer time. But I don’t get it as no one can just randomly apply for this visa, he / she has to have a degree to make an application, how come so many people finished their degree at the same time. Besides UKBA knew that a year in advance what’s coming; are they seriously so incompetent or they don’t give a monkey about it.
Last edited by Tier 4 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
N/A

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 am

I called up and they said I can do nothing but wait. Also they asked if my payment has been processed, well I paid by postal order and received acknowledgement so I don't know- also can't they see on their bloody screen whether it's been processed or not??? They are so rude, I had to call twice because the first woman hung up on me!!!!

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Deepshithole2010 wrote:Hey Guys,

I just got off from phone talking with UKBA and been told I am not yet in their system. I applied at 2nd April, mean 2 months 10 days waiting for Biometric invitation letter, God know how much time they will take to decide the application considering so much time for just Biom letter.

Woman said they received so much application therefore it will talk longer time. But I don’t understand as no one can just randomly apply for this visa, he / she has to have a degree to make an application, how come so many people finished their degree at the same time. Besides UKBA knew that a year in advance what’s coming; are they seriously so incompetent or they don’t give a monkey about it.
I got told the same thing. It's not on their system yet

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 am

Vickyglitz wrote:I called up and they said I can do nothing but wait. Also they asked if my payment has been processed, well I paid by postal order and received acknowledgement so I don't know- also can't they see on their bloody screen whether it's been processed or not??? They are so rude, I had to call twice because the first woman hung up on me!!!!
Well, the issue is they don’t get it, its not just extension it’s the end of educational journey of most people and the beginning to make a living. Therefore every single day is important, either in UK or back home, no one fancy to just stay here and decide either to withdraw application or wait few more days.
N/A

americanINlondon
Newly Registered

Bio invitation letter

Post by americanINlondon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 am

Bhusal wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:

Hi there,

I applied for PSW on 2nd April and received my BIL on 30 May, dated 25 May. Hopefully yours will be on its way soon!

Anyone know what happens after you submit Biometrics? Will they send you a letter to acknowledge they've received your details? Or do you just have to wait for the final decision?

Starting to think I'll be waiting for a long time still! :(

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Bio invitation letter

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am

americanINlondon wrote: Hi there,

I applied for PSW on 2nd April and received my BIL on 30 May, dated 25 May. Hopefully yours will be on its way soon!

Anyone know what happens after you submit Biometrics? Will they send you a letter to acknowledge they've received your details? Or do you just have to wait for the final decision?

Well you got lucky, I applied 2nd April too and no BIL so far, they wont send you acknowledge letter that they received your data instead its back to silence again, maybe couple of more months u get ur doc back. Good luck anyways.
N/A

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Re: Bio invitation letter

Post by Vickyglitz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am

americanINlondon wrote:
Bhusal wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:

Hi there,

You are so lucky!!! I applied on April 3rd and still nothing! I got acknowledgement but they keep saying on the phone they haven't even uploaded my application onto the system!!!! :( You just have to wait for the final decision, it may take 2-3 months from the submission of your biometrics. I am soooooo pissed off!!!!

mr_parekh
Newly Registered

Biometric appointment letter

Post by mr_parekh » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 am

Cheers
Last edited by mr_parekh on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Biometric appointment letter

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Any updates of Biom letter of April Applicants ????
N/A

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Nope, nothing as yet, don't know when we will get it, they have told me to wait when I called them up so I have no hopes now. I have lodged a complaint too but they have not responded after the initial mail. They are very rude on the phone, they do not talk well, do not give any more information other than we have to wait and want to hang up as soon as possible.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Shreyasx01 wrote:Nope, nothing as yet, don't know when we will get it, they have told me to wait when I called them up so I have no hopes now. I have lodged a complaint too but they have not responded after the initial mail. They are very rude on the phone, they do not talk well, do not give any more information other than we have to wait and want to hang up as soon as possible.
Its ain’t worth to make complaints, they gona do things on their own time, if some one randomly receive some thing he /she thinks thats might happen cos of their complaint as a matter of fact UKBA don’t give a monkey about complaints.
N/A

mtakabaev
Newly Registered

Post by mtakabaev » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Applied for tier 1 psw on 2nd of april.
Received acknowledgement on 1st of may
Received bimetrics invitation letter today, 14th of june.

gr8ali
Newly Registered

Post by gr8ali » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:11 pm

mtakabaev wrote:Applied for tier 1 psw on 2nd of april.
WOW congrats... did u call ukba for bio invitation or lodged any complaints,, as i applied on 31st march and received ack letter on 28th april and received nothing since after that,, u r lucky that u got ur bio invitation today,, hope i will get mine soon :(

gr8ali
Newly Registered

Post by gr8ali » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm

anyone received bio invitation letter who applied on or after 31st march 2012.. pls post here

mtakabaev
Newly Registered

Post by mtakabaev » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Just came from post office, sent my biometrics. No i didnt call, didnt write complaintts. They say theres something wrong with the system, and most of the application are off the record. I think the are fixing it, soon u will get yours.

malik0073
Newly Registered

Post by malik0073 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm

@mtakabaev:- is there any expiry date of biometric invitation letter.i mean is there any time limit to send biometric information?????please reply!

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 pm

mtakabaev wrote:Applied for tier 1 psw on 2nd of april.
That's cool man, good to know atleast we getting some where, i applied at 2nd April too, probably ll get mine next week. Good luck anywz
N/A

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 am

mtakabaev wrote:Just came from post office, sent my biometrics. No i didnt call, didnt write complaintts. They say theres something wrong with the system, and most of the application are off the record. I think the are fixing it, soon u will get yours.
Oh God that's such great news! I hope I will get mine soon too... my family have gone on holiday and I'm stuck in this country for God knows how long. Can't wait to get out now. At least there is some progress!!!

americanINlondon
Newly Registered

Biometrics time limit

Post by americanINlondon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 am

malik0073 wrote:@mtakabaev:- is there any expiry date of biometric invitation letter.i mean is there any time limit to send biometric information?????please reply!
@Malik, when you get the letter it states that you have 15 days from the date of the letter to visit a Post Office branch and have biometrics taken. "Otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid"

But they also explain what to do in the case your details are incorrect on the letter or you have a circumstance which prevents you from getting it done within 15 days.

Hope this helps! x

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Biometrics time limit

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Just get off from phone talking to UKBA still not in their system yet, applied on 2nd April. Any April applicant received Biom letter today?
N/A