ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Justification for more than 90 days break period outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

STP
Newly Registered

Justification for more than 90 days break period outside UK

Post by STP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Dear All,

Someone can advise on my below query please?

During my last 4years time-frame, I was out of UK country in a single stretch for 104 days. On the other side, out of those 104 days break around 20 days were my UK paid Annual leave which I had availed and traveled back to India and for those 20days I was getting my salary paid in UK bank and paid NI contributions, tax etc., and for the remaining 84days, I worked at offshore and I was getting my India salary paid. Would this justify to address my break period for my ILR application? I have returned back to UK using same visa after 20days Paid leave break + 84 days offshore work, not changed any visa categories. Please kindly advise on this.

Secondly, In addition, to my above mentioned 104days break period during last year; I had a couple of holiday breaks one during end of year 2008 (8days) and another during beginning of year 2010 (29days). So, put together 8+29+104 = 141 days I was already out of UK country.

I am more concerned about justifying my 104days break period and I don't think that I would be able to get any letters from my employer for those 84days break.

Any advice would help me preparing myself to address this break period.

Many thanks,
STP

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!