ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family route policy change - Urgent comment please ??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fathema
Newly Registered

Family route policy change - Urgent comment please ??

Post by fathema » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 am

Dear All members and moderators

Hope all is well .There were massive changes on Family rules .i was reading through all the updated reports in UK border agency website .i have outlined below .please comment if my understanding is correct :

1 . on family route ( spouse visa ) - introduce £ 18 , 600 minimum threshold.

2. On family route ( spouse visa ) - probation period 2 years to 5 years.

3 . Discretionary leave ( outside the rules based on family / private life ) is abolished . means 6 years(3+3 ) DL path to ILR are withdrawn and instead they introduced 10 years long residency visa path to settlement !! And if some one live continuous 20 years they will count private life Or parents of a British child will consider family life.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -state.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ement1.pdf

I am pointing these 3 important factors which will bring major affect to everyone .

My questions is anyone who will apply or already in status or on the process with HO before 9th july 2012 for

- Spouse visa
- discretionary visa

will they count under old rule ?????

I am in discretionary visa ( based on marriage ) so after 3 years of completion if i apply for extension will they extended another 3 years , so after 3+3 = 6 years can i able to apply for ILR ? - i got DL in 2011

Or

if i go back to my country quickly and apply for a spouse visa before 9th july 2012 will i get the spouse visa under ( 2years rules ) ,or if they reject me will my current DL visa will be curtail also?

If i say honestly HO tried to change the system all of sudden on major and sensitive issues but i think they should have given bit more time to take preparation to thousand ppl..
Please give some valuable advice asap considering all the ground.i need your advice asap to choose the correct path as i am thinking a simple decision making mistake can lead to future disaster.

Thanks in Advanced

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 am

The answer to your question as to who the new rules will apply to is in the statement of intent.

shri997

Post by shri997 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 pm

hi everybody,i got my ilr on oct 2011 and my wife changed her visa to my dependent on dec 2011.can she apply for ilr on dec 2013 or she has to wait for another three years.will the income thresshold apply for us as well

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 pm

please read statement of intent para 132.

shri997

Post by shri997 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 pm

A fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner,
same sex partner, child or adult dependant with leave to enter or remain in the
UK on the family route granted before 9 July 2012 will remain subject to the
rules in force prior to that date.

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:53 am

Perhaps this page can help answer part of your question. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

If you have made an application as a dependent or spouse/partner etc of a settled person before 9th July 2012 and you are waiting for a decision your application will be considered under the current rules and if successful you will be granted leave under the current rules (pre 9th July 2012 rules). If your application is refused and you appeal, your appeal will be considered according to the current rules.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.