ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday Pay + London Weighting Pay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saadat_Irfan
Newly Registered

Holiday Pay + London Weighting Pay

Post by Saadat_Irfan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi colleagues,

I’ve got two questions so would be very grateful if someone could answer please?

I am currently on Tier 1 General visa that is valid until Feb 2013. I got it in Feb 2011 when I switched my visa status from Tier 1 Post study work. Hence, I will need to apply for my extension for another 3 years in Feb 2013.

My first question is, I work in central London hence I get the London Weighting allowance as part of my salary every month. I know that any bonuses, allowances etc paid by the employers count as standard income that you need to show in order to qualify for the annual income section. Could someone please confirm this for me?

Secondly, I recently started a new job. When i left my previous job, i had some allocated holidays that i didn’t get a chance to take before i left the company. Therefore, my employer paid me the amount in lieu of the outstanding holidays. So my last payslip states that I have my usual monthly salary and an additional amount which was paid in lieu of outstanding holiday. Again could someone please confirm if that also counts as normal income earned through employment that can be shown as last 12 months income?

Thanks very much for your assistance in advance.

Kind regards,
S

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Both can be included.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!