ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sids4all
Newly Registered

visitor visa for my parents

Post by sids4all » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:37 pm

My mum does not have any bank account. Can I show funds maintained by my dad and submit a marriage affidavit to support my mum's visitor visa application to UK?

Any other alternate solutions please suggest.

thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes, your dad can sponsor your mother but what is a marriage affidavit and what is it in aid of? Are you talking about a marriage certificate?

Realistically, your father's money is your mother's and she is using her own resources to fund her visit. If it were considered otherwise housewives would be prohibited from visiting the UK.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sids4all
Newly Registered

Post by sids4all » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Thank you for quick response. Yes am referring to marriage certificate. as they do not have marriage certificate they took an affidavit showing that they both are related.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 pm

I don't understand what that entails. For her to lay claim to his money, the UKBA will want to see that they are living in an interpersonal relationship such as marriage or akin to marriage with shared resources. So you'll have to work out for yourself what is necessary to match that requirement.

brummie

Post by brummie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 pm

My parents got married in Mumbai 30 odd years ago. They got a marriage certificate given by the church. But last month during my parent's visa application they had to get affidavit from the court. Just the marriage certificate from the church on its own not acceptable by the UKBA, but my parents submitted it anyways along with the affidavit as a supporting document complimenting each other.
Getting back to your question, Yes, your parents will have to apply for an affidavit if their marriage cert was issued by any religious institution only. If they had marriage cert from the court, then they won't need to apply for an affidavit.
Your parents situation might be different, but I thought I might share my experience anyways.
All the very best to your Parents :)

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I don't understand what that entails. For her to lay claim to his money, the UKBA will want to see that they are living in an interpersonal relationship such as marriage or akin to marriage with shared resources. So you'll have to work out for yourself what is necessary to match that requirement.
It is an Indian thing used for just about anything!
pennyless