ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niczaf
Newly Registered

Renewal query

Post by niczaf » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am

Hi

My visa expires on 1.10.2012. I may need to travel for work around this time so I am considering applying early.

My questions are as follows:
1. If I renew early do they grant the date from the date they give the visa, i.e. earlier than 1.10.12?
2. If so, how does that affect my subsequent application for indefinite leave to remain as I wont have been here for 5 years if the visa is extended early?
3. Is there any way to rush the thing? It seems some people are taking months to get theirs.

Thanks,
Nic

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 am

Depends on how early. A couple of months should be okay but longer might be a problem.

niczaf
Newly Registered

Post by niczaf » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 pm

thanks.

are you aware of there being any specific guidance on this. I am really struggling to find anything - hence the post.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 pm

1. If I renew early do they grant the date from the date they give the visa, i.e. earlier than 1.10.12?

It depends on the case worker, as some people have gotten from date of approval, while others have got from date of expiry.

2. If so, how does that affect my subsequent application for indefinite leave to remain as I wont have been here for 5 years if the visa is extended early?

Depending on when it actually gets approved, it may mean you need another extension if the visa gets approved based on approval date rather than expiry date.

3. Is there any way to rush the thing? It seems some people are taking months to get theirs.

Yes. Book a PEO appointment. If your application is straight forward, you can get the approval in one day, but it costs more than applying by post

More information

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

Kind Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 pm

niczaf wrote:thanks.

are you aware of there being any specific guidance on this. I am really struggling to find anything - hence the post.
Yes, I am aware, otherwise I would not have responded.

45. We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant’s extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made significantly earlier than one month before the expiry of their leave, there is a risk of a shortfall in the required period of leave should they subsequently make an application for settlement. This is because any further leave to remain (for example Indefinite Leave to Remain or Settlement) is granted from the date that we make the decision, not the date the applicant’s extant leave expires