ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should the reference letter in a sealed envelope

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

busa

Should the reference letter in a sealed envelope

Post by busa » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:34 pm

I remember my college friends applying for their Masters and they all send the reference letter in sealed envelope. Are we supposed to send all our previous employers and peer references in sealed envelope.

Best Regards

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:44 pm

Its basically reqd. for students to get three ref. letters which shud be sealed in the envelops sent by the University. They offcourse want your referee to write some lines abt you and seal it and give it back to you and you are then reqd. to submit to them.

In our case, we are submitting our Employer Reference letters which basically states our duties, responsibilities and period of employement which is not really something we shudn't be aware of. So in short, there is no need to send them our Ref. like this. 8)

Hope this help.
Regards,
Afzal

busa

Thanks for the information

Post by busa » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:14 pm

Thanks for the information. Your argument is qute logical.

Regards

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:40 am

no sealed envelope is required. Imagine my case with 6 such letters, the case worker will be bugged to open one by one envelope, they are busy trying to remove the late tag and if such a application with so many sealed envelopes, he will certainly reject it (will give some other reason ofcourse) :lol: