ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will 15 March Changes to rules effect my application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ardamardar
Newly Registered

Will 15 March Changes to rules effect my application

Post by ardamardar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 pm

One of the changes was

Reducing the curtailment threshold (the level of leave you have left which means that we will not normally pursue curtailment) from 6 months to 60 days.

for all Tiers in UKBA's 15th March news.

source:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nges-rules

I have been in the country since August 2007 with work permits and Tier 1 but I had a break of 69 days without a job. The rest of my absence is only holidays. will I be eligible to apply to ILR this July, (which is my plan).

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Will 15 March Changes to rules effect my application

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 pm

ardamardar wrote: I had a break of 69 days without a job. The rest of my absence is only holidays. will I be eligible to apply to ILR this July, (which is my plan).
Does this "break" that you refer to means that:

1. your were unemployed for 69 days while being physically present in the UK, or
2. you were absent from UK and were not employed.

You need to explain your circumstances clearly and your immigration status during this 69 day period, for others to understand what you are stating and asking, and responding accordingly.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ardamardar
Newly Registered

Post by ardamardar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I was unemployed and outside the country. This also happened in the beginning of 2008. Set(o) for still asks if i have left the country for more than 180 days and 90 in a strch. I have been outside more than 180 days but not for 90 days in a strech.However the explaining document says the paid holidays may be disregarded in case the applicant proves he/she was continiously employed(which I was).

Does anyone thin this might be problematic? Should i wait march 2013 which will be more certain.