ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family permit, Spain or Ireland?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shooqueen
Newly Registered

family permit, Spain or Ireland?

Post by shooqueen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:53 pm

My Nigerian husband has been refused a visa to join me in the UK so I have decided to exercise my EU treaty rights and move to another EU country and work for six months before returning to the UK with my husband. I have questions; firstly, exercising treaty right for six months in a country other than my own is it only me that has to live there for the full six months or does my husband have to reside there for six months with me to be able return to the UK together (I’m a little worried that his permit to join me may take a little while) we have a choice of countries and I would like to hear other peoples experiences. Spain or Ireland? Which country will be quicker to be able to get a family permit to join me in? And finally what documents does he need to take to the Spanish embassy in Lagos (we have a Nigerian wedding certificate) to prove he has the right to join me with a family permit?

Aimar

Post by Aimar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Theoretically speaking once you are established in your new member state, your partner should be able to join you expeditiously. In actual fact, bearing in mind where your partner is coming from you are likely on a hiding to nothing, the EU embassies will frustrate your partner in Nigeria with your wedding certificate at every turn. The spanish will send you on a wild goose chase and the Irish will simply ignore you. You can read of my experiences here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=aimar I wish you all the best but its a long haul.