ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR not granted yet butcan apply for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hbf81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR not granted yet butcan apply for FLR(M)

Post by hbf81 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Can someone just advice me?

I have applied ILR on the basis of 10 years rule on 23 March 2012. I had PSW visa before which was expiring on 27th July 2012. I am still waiting even for Biometric Notification letter!!!!

Anyway, my wife and my UK born daughter are my dependent and their visa is expiring, obviously on 27th July 2012. "My 18 months old UK born daughter had to travel outside UK, that’s why she got Entry clearance visa."

My wife will have English test, PTE Academic on Wednesday 4th July. My original plan was to apply for FLR(M) for my wife if I do net get my passport by 20th of July. By doing so I could mention my Home Office Reference number on her application and could explain to the Home Office in the covering letter to consider her application after my application gets decided. And whenever I get my passport, I could apply for my daughter for citizenship.

But now New Family Rules just been announced and I had to change my plan!!!!!!

If my wife get her English test on 4th July and manage to get her result in 2 days, say by 6th July and apply for FLR(M) on Saturday 7th July, mentioning my reference number and in covering letter ask Home Office to consider her application after my application get decided.

Is that OK? Will she come under current rules and not required us to provide new income threshold?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm

New rules kick in on 9th of July.
What makes you think that in your case they will somehow kick in on 7th of July?

hbf81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hbf81 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:15 pm

My doubt is that if they consider my wife application after decision on my application, by then the 9th July will be well passed.

So would they count the date they started to process my wife application or they date I post?

Seems like I am trying to be bit cheeky ;-)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 pm

hbf81 wrote:My doubt is that if they consider my wife application after decision on my application, by then the 9th July will be well passed.

So would they count the date they started to process my wife application or they date I post?

See point 3 & other details under the following topic before posting questions, as many FAQs related to the new rules are answered in a summarised manner within this topic... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105679

Note that the date will be "the date you apply". The UKBA generally start processing an application well after they receive it (i.e. if postal).

hbf81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hbf81 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks for the link

Actually applying for FLR(M) of dependent, when the ILR of main applicant is not decided yet is not the common practice.

People normally apply once the main applicant gets the ILR/Settlement.

Anyway my query is answered. I am trying to get the early appointment for English test of my wife so that she can apply well before 9th July

Thanks again.

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:16 am

your in a hurry to catch a train to moon virtualy its not possible but it can be done by day dreaming

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 am

Make a valid application.

Keep proof of date of posting.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 am

hbf81 wrote:My doubt is that if they consider my wife application after decision on my application, by then the 9th July will be well passed.

Good that now you have got and understood your answer, but for the benefit of others let us clarify one thing. when reading the rules of UKBA, just read the rules, and not read something solely written in your head.

When UKBA says that applications submitted upto 8th July will be considered under existing rules, then they man applications "submitted" upto 8th July, not applications considered or decided upto 8th July.