ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years ILR,FLR & 28 Days Rule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BobbyUKENG

10 Years ILR,FLR & 28 Days Rule

Post by BobbyUKENG » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello Gurus,

Initially I would like to thank all the people who are contributing and sharing vast knowledge which is very much helpful for people who are looking for correct information.

Moving forward I will be applying for my ten years ILR along with my dependent ( FLR M), basically I would like to know whether ten years continuous stay will be the day when I landed? or the day when the initial visa got stamped.

Because I met one of the advisor and he suggested that Initial visa stamped date will be counted and from that on 28 days will apply. Can you please give some opinions on the

Any Income criteria for FLR M APPLICATION?

Do the main applicant should be in proper paid job?
Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am

You may apply for ILR under Long residence up to 28 days prior to the 10th anniversary of your initial entry. However, if you apply before and satisfy the requirements on the date of decision, then you may be ok.

The Maintenance requirements for FLR(M) is the same as for a spouse visa.

Note changes on 9 July 2012.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks Vinny,

28 days rule will count Date of decision? or it will count the whole ten years covered?

For example when they take the decision and on that particular day If I'm falling under 28 days will I be OK?

Also regarding FLR M at the moment I'm on 18K And my wife is on 18 K as well, will that be OK for her FLR M, Because in ten years rule there is not constraint for income but is it same if dependent is also applying for FLR M?

Thanks in advance.