ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One question -Fiancee Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rspv
Newly Registered

One question -Fiancee Visa

Post by rspv » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Hello i need your help..my boyfriend and i want to be together the next year , He is British and Im Peruvian , the next year i will apply for the fiancee visa and We would like to clarify some points , he is now in France but with a plan to return back to England in April. He has already informed his current employer and will be require to work 3 months notice, at the same time he is very close to obtaining a job offer in England , would it be possible for me to make the visa aplicattion during the time my fiance is working his 3 months notice in France?.

Thank you so much for ur help!

Sincerely Raquel :D

antontony

Post by antontony » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:41 pm

Hello,

Yes, it is quite possible, provided you and your husband meet all the immigration requirements like :

Fiance(e) visa requirements

The following are the rules that must be met in order for you to qualify for a fiance(e)'s visa :

- you are seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom for marriage to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement

- the parties to the proposed marriage have met
- each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse after the marriage
- adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds will be available for you and any dependents until the date of the marriage
- there will, after the marriage be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively
- the parties will be able after the marriage to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds

Regards,

Anton

rspv
Newly Registered

Post by rspv » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:23 pm

Hello Anton; Thanx for your reply, the guidelines you have provided confirm the information which we had obtained from the UK government website. To be more specific what is not clear to us is the timing of our application. That is to say whether or not it would be possible to submit my application prior to my fiance return to settle in the UK. It is important to note that my fiance was born in England and has British nationality - that is to say that he does not need to apply to return to England.
Could you please clarify to how "present and settled" in the UK is defined in the context of my fiance. Would the fact that he is British, owns a flat in England and has a secure job offer to commence in March 2007 allow me to submit my application in January in anticipation of his return?.
I thank you in advance for your response

Sincerely Raquel and Paul. :D

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:48 pm

AIUI, either Paul travels first, and you join him, or you travel together.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

rspv
Newly Registered

Post by rspv » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:42 am

Thanks..........on the understanding that in March Paul will travel to the UK first, can I now submit my application in anticipation of this happenning or do I need to wait until Paul has moved jobs and is living permanently in the UK?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:08 pm

There's certainly nothing to prevent you applying now, but I think it would be better to time the application so that the visa will be issued closer to your planned travel date. It really depends on how long the British Embassy in Lima (I assume you're applying there?) are going to take to issue the visa, but I think you could probably quite safely leave it until nearer the time.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that with a fiancée visa, you need to marry within six months of the date the visa is issued. So you don't really need a visa dated December if you're not going to be in UK before March...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....