ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 A d referee help!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irramj
Newly Registered

MN1 A d referee help!!

Post by Irramj » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi all ,
I searched the forum but could not find an appropriate answer or some please guide me to correct thread. I have got iLR since dec 2011 my 2 kids born in Uk and they got ILR as well at same time with me.2 year old and 1 year old now I want to apply their British passport so in MN1form I could not find any referee As GP refused it , oath commissioner also don't want to do it . I donor know any professional person for reference all I know are personal friend with British passport holder so how can I resolve this issue .. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated

mr_danny

Re: MN1 A d referee help!!

Post by mr_danny » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:36 am

Irramj wrote:Hi all ,
I searched the forum but could not find an appropriate answer or some please guide me to correct thread. I have got iLR since dec 2011 my 2 kids born in Uk and they got ILR as well at same time with me.2 year old and 1 year old now I want to apply their British passport so in MN1form I could not find any referee As GP refused it , oath commissioner also don't want to do it . I donor know any professional person for reference all I know are personal friend with British passport holder so how can I resolve this issue .. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated
Any person who knows your children and is willing to sign for them should be fine.

As long as they are above 25 and professional.

I used a friend and a work mate. Use NCS for sending you application and you should be fine

Greggio_f
Newly Registered

So what do you put on the form?

Post by Greggio_f » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I see that you say that "any person who knows your children and is prepared to sign should be fine".

I know lots of professionals - all lawyers, because I'm a lawyer - but they're all friends, rather than people we've seen in a personal capacity.

What do you ask them to put on the MN1 form? Section 5 requires the referee to state "how [they] know the child and either [their] age or [their] profession".

Would it count as knowing the children in a professional context if they say "I know the child as they are the son of my colleague"?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: So what do you put on the form?

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 am

Greggio_f wrote:I see that you say that "any person who knows your children and is prepared to sign should be fine".

I know lots of professionals - all lawyers, because I'm a lawyer - but they're all friends, rather than people we've seen in a personal capacity.

What do you ask them to put on the MN1 form? Section 5 requires the referee to state "how [they] know the child and either [their] age or [their] profession".

Would it count as knowing the children in a professional context if they say "I know the child as they are the son of my colleague"?
For young children born in the UK and applying under section 1(3), the HO are not very strict on the referees. If this is your case and you can't get someone who knows the child in a professional capacity, any other professional person will do. They can just write they know the child as a family friend.