ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Return - Gross Negligence by caseworker. Help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabre0
Newly Registered

Document Return - Gross Negligence by caseworker. Help!

Post by sabre0 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:43 am

I have just experienced the worst type of negligence from an caseworker. Since there is no recourse against these people, I just need some help from you folks to see if there is anything I can do in this situation.

I applied under MBA provision (from a ranked US university) which means they only needed to see my original degree. I sent the original along with a cover letter that clearly mentioned two things: Change of address (since I had moved to a new place) and Courieri Pick-up. These documents reached HO on Nov 29. I kept calling every night ( I live in California, USA) to check the status. On Dec 7, I was told that decision had been made and documents were ready for pick up. I arranged for the courier (MBE of sheffield) to pick up documents on Dec 11. I faxed the handling person (who was different from the caseworker for some reason) informing her that courier will be there at a certain time.

Just 1 hour before the courier was to go there, I got an email from the handler saying that documents had already been dispatched to my 'OLD' address on Dec 5 - the same day decision was made. Remember, this is despite the fact that I had clearly asked for courier pick-up and change of address.

Now, today is Dec 12, I am still waiting for the documents at my new address. I have no idea what to do. The documents are:
- Decision Letter
- Original MBA degree certificate
- Original Electrical Engg. degree certificate

This is nothing but pure and gross negligence. I have been calling HO helpline almost daily since sending my documents to ask the status and make sure documents were received or not and got the response that case is under consideration.

Is there anything I can do?
Does anyone here live in California and applied and received documents back in one piece?

My mother is ill in Pakistan, last stages of cancer. I need to go visit her urgently. But now I am stuck here waiting for these documents. I wish someone at the HO could understand these human issues. But I guess it takes a human to understand humans and there is no humanity to be found in government offices.

jay101
Newly Registered

Post by jay101 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:16 am

if the documents hav been sent to ur old address y r u waiting in ur new address for them ?
i dont knw how the mail service in the US works but if the HO has sent it by regular recorded delivery y dont u go to ur post office and ask them to deliver all ur letters to the new address ... i guess u might hav to pay something for it, at least this facility is available in the UK with royal mail when u change ur address ... but wouldnt tht b worth checking out ?

iqbalmurad
Newly Registered

Post by iqbalmurad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:25 am

Yes, go to your post office and notify them of the change of address with previous and current bank statements with the previous and current addresses on them respectively. This should be sufficient for the post office to redirect the mail. Do this and leave for Pakistan to attend your mother. Even if you get the hsmp approved what is the guarantee they wont change the rules in the next few years time making you file an application again. And even if you finally make for the red passport, i would still prefer attending my mother in this situation if i were you.

Murad.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:35 am

Hi,

When they suspended the old HSMP scheme, it was announced that all applications received from -7-nov to 4-dec, would returned without consideration.

I think the same has happened with you.

Take care, buddy.....

sudhirg

Post by sudhirg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:00 pm

man, its so simple! i really dont undertsand. tell the folks at ur old address if they get some thg 2 send 2 u. and at the post office, tell them abt the change. Thats it. And go and visit ur mother for GOD sake. That is more important. U cna always get duplicate certificates.

sabre0
Newly Registered

Post by sabre0 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:30 am

Thank you all for your responses. Things that seem to simple from post aren't so simple actually, so bear with me here.

1. I finally got to talk to my caseworker and he told me that my case was approved. Phew. At least one good news.

2. Yes, I have changed my address at the post office and receiving mail at the new address. This is no guarantee that the documents package won't be misplaced. Has happened to my regular mail before that was sent back to sender.

3. I have a standing job offer from current employer dependent on EC. They've been patiently waiting for almost 3 months now for me to complete the HSMP process. This delay means that things will get postponed till after xmas.

4. Finally, trust me, if going home to visit my mom was so easy, I wouldn't have been here. There is an issue of getting the H1 updated....anyways..long story.

Hopefully I will receive the docs in the next few days. Thanks for your responses again and pray for the health of my mother.