ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Queries

PLEASE HELP

Post by ILR_Queries » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Guys,

I submitted my original passports to the Passport and Identity office.
Now i need to travel to India very urgently, immediately.

When i called the IPS office last week, they said, they will issue an
urgent passport for an year.

I am confused, Guys, Can you please help me with my situation. Whom to approach and where for my urgent travel?

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: ****URGENT**** - PLEASE HELP

Post by thsths » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:00 am

ILR_Queries wrote:I submitted my original passports to the Passport and Identity office.
Now i need to travel to India very urgently, immediately.

When i called the IPS office last week, they said, they will issue an
urgent passport for an year.

I am confused
So am I - why would you send a passport to the IPS - I thought they send passports to you? :-) Are you British? Is this your first British passport?

In any case check with the airline, they often do not accept "emergency" passports, especially if they do not have biometrics.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:23 am

I think IPS didn't understand your question. They thought you want emergency British passport.

I presume this is a first passport application. You should receive the documents back around 2 weeks after submitting the application. When did you apply for the passport?

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 am

Yes, this is the first British Passport Application. But i need my original Indian passport immediately.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 am

Call IPS and ask for the documents back. Tell them you want them back now even if this means you will have to withdraw the application and lose the fee.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 am

I called them now. They said its in their Durham office. I would need to call them through their contact number and reach them tomorrow morning.

I am thinking of going to the office tomorrow and tell them my circumstances to retrieve my passports back.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:01 pm

I am wondering if any body had a similar situation and were successful in getting their passports back. Please reply.