ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job offer from current employer - Affect on EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabre0
Newly Registered

Job offer from current employer - Affect on EC

Post by sabre0 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:41 am

I am residing in California, USA and recently found out that my case has been approved. I now have to apply for EC at the Los Angeles consulate.
I already have a job in London. This job was offered by my current employer while I was going through HSMP (coz I ask my employer for a move to UK and they said yes).

My question: should I mention in the visa application that I have a job offer from my current employer?

My only worry is that EC interviewer may say that I should rather get a business transfer visa. I fully intend to live in the UK full time. Any thoughts on how I should tackle this situation?

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:18 pm

I guess attaching a job offer with further Strenthen the EC process...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

inso

Post by inso » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:57 am

Yeah, I'd definitely mention the fact that you have a job offer there. I doubt the ECO will have an issue with the fact that you have an HSMP visa instead -- the fact that you have a guaranteed job / income when you arrive is his/her most pressing concern, otherwise you would probably need to have more concrete funds proof available instead.