ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dev420
Newly Registered

SET(M) application

Post by dev420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 am

Hi all,

I have small question about 6 documents for Evidence of cohabitation. I have 6 documents to submit but my wife don't have six documents. Only have bank statements to enough for 2 years and have other documents like letter from hospital but dont have six documents. And in guide there it say "They should be from at least 3 different sources." I understand According to this, can i submit 2 bank statements, 2 hospital letters and 2 optician letters??? Can i do that???

I'll appriciate your replies.

Thnx

Dev

dev420
Newly Registered

Re: SET(M)--Evidence of cohabitation

Post by dev420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:26 pm

dev420 wrote:Hi all,

I have small question about 6 documents for Evidence of cohabitation. I have 6 documents to submit but my wife don't have six documents. Only have bank statements to enough for 2 years and have other documents like letter from hospital but dont have six documents. And in guide there it say "They should be from at least 3 different sources." I understand According to this, can i submit 2 bank statements, 2 hospital letters and 2 optician letters??? Can i do that???

I'll appriciate your replies.

Thnx

Dev

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 am

dev420 wrote:Hi all, 

How many certificates/letter will college give us as Esol certificate? And how many certificate/letter in total we have to send to home office for ILR application in Set(m)?
I'll be very appreciate for your reply. Thnx

Dev

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Cohabitation evidence - Should be okay, though I am not sure if an "optician letter" is an acceptable evidence.
ESOL letter - The evidences an applicant needs to provide is the ESOL test certificate and a letter from the provider in line with the template published on UKBA website.

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:09 pm

i am going for ILR via a settlement checking service (£80 @ manchester city council) and 1 of the guidence is that optian letters do not count as 1 of the letters that would be accepted by UKBA as cohabitation. u need to cover the period she arrived to date. did u not register her with local gp-if so include the medical card, have u not applied for her national insurance number- if so include letters of that and also any letters from inland revenue. hospital letters are fine,
it would have been good idea to add her 2 atleast 1 of ur oficial bills just so its handy for times lik this and when needed for any other proof of ID