ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Break - Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishkatyal
Newly Registered

Visa Break - Please help

Post by ashishkatyal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi,

I will very soon be applying for a ILR SET(O) based on 5 year continuous stay in the U.K on Employment Work Permit.

During these 5 years I have got 2 Work Permit extensions and 1 work permit transfer (due to change of employment). Here is the sequence

Serial No-------Visa Issued Date-------Visa Issued Until-------Employer
================================================================
1)--------------14-Dec-2003--------------26-Nov-2004--------------X
2)--------------11-Dec-2004--------------29-Sep-2006--------------X
3)--------------12-Oct-2006--------------29-Nov-2007--------------Y
4)--------------06-Sep-2007--------------29-Nov-2009--------------Y

Now my situation is that I have got a visa break of 15 days each in my first work permit extension and also in the subsequent work permit transfer. However I am sure that my employers has applied for extension and work permit transfer in-time and applications were approved as well. Its just because of Home office backlog that my passport came back with a visa starting 15 days after FLR expired.

During thes visa breaks I was in the country and also was working legally and just waiting for my passports to come back from Home office. I also have email from WP department saying that they have received the application.

Now I am planning to apply for in-person ILR application at PEO cryodon soon and just want to confirm that this 15 days break would not have any effect on my application. Please could you confirm and provide guidance on this.

Thanks

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Request for your SAR file to confirm records held by UKBA.

skano
Newly Registered

similar situation

Post by skano » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:33 pm

I also recently received by Tier-1 extension which is valid from 12-Jun. Whereas my prevoius visa expired on 11-May. There is a gap of one month.

Do I need to get any additional documents while applying for ILR?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:06 pm

If you made a valid, in-time application for extension, then there is no gap in legal immigration status.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!