ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Accommadation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Suhaib 786

ILR Application - Accommadation

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi huys
just in the process for applying for ILR for my wife who came over from pakistan 2 yeras ago, everything is pritty much straight forward, just on the set M application form on Q8.1, it asks, 'is your home in the UK:' and gives a number of options. i have ticked 'owned by a relative. as we live in my dads property which he owns and lives in also, along with my mum and other family members. Do i need to provide proof of this as i did in the VAF4a application initially 2 years ago whn she got her entry clearance?

2 years ago i provided, housing report certificate (£80 from local council - giving room numbers, and dimenstions, people at the property) and house deeds, official declariation that was witnessd by solisitor to say my dad was happy with us living in the property on rent free basis.

my initial guess would be that i would not need to provide the same proof again, as the the main focus of this application is that we are living together and the relationship is genuine. further to that the 20 odd official documents i have (inland revenue, hospital letters, bank statmnets, etc) in both our names which cover the day she arrived to date would also satify that ' yep, these 2 have been at the same property'?

please advise. thanks all.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application - Accommadation

Post by failsafe » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Suhaib 786 wrote:Hi huys
just in the process for applying for ILR for my wife who came over from pakistan 2 yeras ago, everything is pritty much straight forward, just on the set M application form on Q8.1, it asks, 'is your home in the UK:' and gives a number of options. i have ticked 'owned by a relative. as we live in my dads property which he owns and lives in also, along with my mum and other family members. Do i need to provide proof of this as i did in the VAF4a application initially 2 years ago whn she got her entry clearance?

2 years ago i provided, housing report certificate (£80 from local council - giving room numbers, and dimenstions, people at the property) and house deeds, official declariation that was witnessd by solisitor to say my dad was happy with us living in the property on rent free basis.

my initial guess would be that i would not need to provide the same proof again, as the the main focus of this application is that we are living together and the relationship is genuine. further to that the 20 odd official documents i have (inland revenue, hospital letters, bank statmnets, etc) in both our names which cover the day she arrived to date would also satify that ' yep, these 2 have been at the same property'?

please advise. thanks all.
I am going to apply for ILR myself, No, I don't think you need additional property documents just a proof of cohabitation would be enough.

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:56 pm

thanks fail safe, biggist advise don't use a solicitor as they don't know jack, sounds weird but thats the case, read up on the official UKBA web pages and throw in a 'common sense' approach and all is good!!
the conclusion i arrived at is - iv produced a covering letter that states that we have been living in this style and format for the past 2 years since her arrival and it has ' passed the test of time', i contribute to household cost, water bils, council tax etc and that is my method of contribution towards our houshold. in light of this, i and my wife will continue to live like this as we have adjusted to this format for the foreseable future.

insh'Allah should do the trick.