ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leave for family - applying for ILR under long residence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

upoupo
Newly Registered

leave for family - applying for ILR under long residence

Post by upoupo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 am

would anyone answer my question please ? i came to uk uk in 4th Sep, 2002 as a Student. My PSW will expire on 25th August, 2012. It will be a week short to make 10 years. But i saw some post, i can apply.

My wife and kid visa will expire on same 25th August, 2012. My wife came to uk in 2005 as a dependent, still now as a dependent.

Please tell me, If i apply for ILR next year, in which category my wife and kid will apply? I can not wait until my ILR comes back, because their visa will expire.

Please give me some advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Your wife should apply for FLR(M) and include your child in the application as a dependant.

She may apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for settlement or soon after you have applied for settlement ... but definitely before her leave expires.
In either case, make sure that it is mentioned in a covering letter that you are applying / have applied for settlement (and provide necessary personal details - name, dob, nationality, passport no., settlement application reference no., etc.) to help UKBA tag your wife's (and child's) FLR application to your settlement application.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

Many thanks for all the valuable informations.
I am sorry to ask another question.

I know that I have to pass Life in the UK test.

Does my wife need to pass any test before applying in FLR(M)?

All we will apply at the same time, 15 days before our leave expire. I am for ILR and my wife and kids in FLR(M).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 am

upoupo wrote:Does my wife need to pass any test before applying in FLR(M)?
Perhaps

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks again.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Dear Shudhamehta,

I would be grateful, if you let me know another information. Does the new rule effective from 9th july affect my case? I will possibly be applying for ILR on 2nd week of August. I have to send my wife and 2 kids application at the same time, because all of our visa expire on 25th August.

Should i Still use FLR(M) for my wife and kids?

Does any new rule affect us?

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm

i was Sorry,

specialy the maintenance fund available and the length of availability of new rule.

Accommodation of new rule.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 am

upoupo wrote:Dear Shudhamehta,

I would be grateful, if you let me know another information. Does the new rule effective from 9th july affect my case? I will possibly be applying for ILR on 2nd week of August. I have to send my wife and 2 kids application at the same time, because all of our visa expire on 25th August.

Should i Still use FLR(M) for my wife and kids?

Does any new rule affect us?
Your application will just be like what it is now under current rules, as there are no changes being introduced under 10 years category.

For your wife and kids, new rules will apply.

Where were your kids born?

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:01 pm

thanks for answer.

My 2 kids 4 and 5. Both born in Uk.

The main problem is, everyone's visa is finishing 25th August.

I can apply for ILR on first week of August without any problem,

but * * * I have to send my wife and children application at the same time.

So, their application, are they falling in new rules.

Another thing is , do i need to send children application as well or they are ok as they are born in UK.

The only problem is their visa will expire. They can not wait until my ILR comes back.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 am

Dear asim72,
i am so worried that i have to apply for my ilr (10 years category) and flr for my wife and 2 kids in first week of august. Because everyone's visa will expire.

But i can not show £24800 income for six months, with my wife and kids application.
I am now in post study work visa and my wife who joined me in 2005, and kids are in dependent visa.

I am Still confused, how it is possible for someone to show income for fix months , since the rule only just published 13th june.

How is it possible for a student's wife, as the student had permission of only 20 hours work in a week.

Please make it clear.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

upoupo wrote:thanks for answer.

My 2 kids 4 and 5. Both born in Uk.

The main problem is, everyone's visa is finishing 25th August.

I can apply for ILR on first week of August without any problem,

but * * * I have to send my wife and children application at the same time.

So, their application, are they falling in new rules.

Another thing is , do i need to send children application as well or they are ok as they are born in UK.

The only problem is their visa will expire. They can not wait until my ILR comes back.
If iam not wrong, you dont need to apply flr m for your children's who born in uk, you can just apply for your wife. children's needs to be registered as british citizen once you have your ilr if they dont ravel outside uk.

regarding maintenance we need to wait until july 9th for full news and i dont think you need to show threshold maintenance funds for your children according to new rules after 9th july as they born in uk.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm

hello everybody,
any update after last date of old rule? From tomorrow, new rule will be effective.

Does it affect my case?

Living in uk on student visa for 8 years,
Post Study Work visa - 2 years,
Going to apply ILR on 10 years category on first week of August 2012,
My wife is Living here for last 7 years as my dependant.
2 kids, 5 and 4. Both uk born.

Which form should i use for my wife.
Is there any income threshold to show?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm

upoupo wrote:hello everybody,
any update after last date of old rule? From tomorrow, new rule will be effective.

Does it affect my case?

Living in uk on student visa for 8 years,
Post Study Work visa - 2 years,
Going to apply ILR on 10 years category on first week of August 2012,
My wife is Living here for last 7 years as my dependant.
2 kids, 5 and 4. Both uk born.

Which form should i use for my wife.
Is there any income threshold to show?
check this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105679 from sushdmehta, it answers everything

upoupo
Newly Registered

few days shortfall to make 10 years

Post by upoupo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Dear moderators,
the last opportunity to ask for advice.

Its about few days short to make 10 years.

Came 4th Sep 2002 as student
got psw aug 2010
psw expires 25th aug 2012

so about 9 days short to make 10 years.

Would anyone Please make sure again, cause i could not find the post relating this type of circumstances.

Thanks in advance.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks everyone, especially the moderators. I received my ilr.

My wife's flr-m still didn't come. We both applied end of August 2012.

For my wife's flr-m the case worker asked my employers letter confirming my total income. I submitted my 6 months payslips during her application.

As my understanding, she shouldn't need threshold income, cause she is a tier-4 (pbs) dependent since April 2010, and then psw dependent all the way until August 2012.

So , She matured 2 years as a pbs dependent before 9th July 2012 (the time of rule changes)

Can anybody help me, why case workers needs employer letter confirming my salary ?
Do I need to show threshold income £18600? Or they just need current income status as those payslips are now 8 months old.

Please help!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 am

These articles of ukba are very difficult to. Understand.

I would be grateful if you tell me, that I need to show threshold salary or I do not.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 07, 2013 8:27 am

I agree with Greenie. If she was a dependant prior to 9 July 2012, then she should satisfy the rules before 9th july 2012.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

upoupo
Newly Registered

Post by upoupo » Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm

My wife is given 30 month visa. I gave them in employer later stating my salary. I showed about 19000 from my employer padded letter. I also wrote the cover letter that she doesn't fall into the new rule.

But I think she's given visa based on the new rule. They said to extend her visa again when 30 months are finished . And She can apply for ILR after 60 months.

Now I have to gather information that she could apply for ILR or not. I also make Home Office understand that she has finished 2 years as a PBS dependent before July, 2012.

Many thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am