ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

Extremely happy for you guys who have received visa.
We all can understand each others pain as we all going through it.
Atleast now it looks like theres light on the other side of tunnel.

My wait continues :
Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

Gerryboy
Newly Registered

Post by Gerryboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:41 am

It's really encouraging seeing positive posts at last!!! Hope it's the same news for all of us still waiting in the coming weeks.

Application Sent: 13/02/2012
Fee Debited: 17/02/2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 10/03/2012 (Dated: 15/02/2012)
Biometrics Letter Received: 19/03/2012 (Dated: 16/03/2012)
Biometrics Taken (Camden PO): 26/03/2012
Visa Type: FLR(M) Spouse

However, mine's a complicated one......Overstay!!!

Obviously not in a rush, just extremely anxious and main worry is that it might be declined even on compassionate grounds i.e Discretionary Leave, if caseworker deems there's no compelling evidence of a possible Article 8 ECHR claim.

Very strong chances they might not even reach decision until well after the 9th of July, considering type of my application.

I'm just finally stepping up and doing what I should have done a long time ago, for the sake of my little princess and beautiful wife!!!
Last edited by Gerryboy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

usalady
Newly Registered

Post by usalady » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hi All -

I have been lurking here for the last 5 months - I was too nervous/stressed to discuss my situation - but I know how helpful it is to have a timeline on the waiting (which is why I was lurking!) - The Currier tried to deliver my BRP yesterday but I wasn't in, so he is scheduled to come tomorrow and I had my passport/documents in the post today!! Hurray!

My timeline
Date Docs sent: 18/01/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 26/01/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 01/03/12
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 03/03/12
Date BRP received: Currier tried to deliver 13/06/12 - scheduled for delivery 15/06/12
Date Docs received: 14/06/12
Switching from Tier 1 PSW - expired 11/03/12

FYI - I wrote to my MP from advice on this posting board on 16/05/12 - she called the home office on 18/05/12 They said to wait 10 days. I wrote her again on 6/6/12, she wrote me a second time and said they told her 'The UKBA are trying to resolve all outstanding applications as quickly as possible and you will be contacted by the relevant case working team, should they require any additional information.' Which wasn't very helpful and as everyone else who applied January time is also had their stuff back this week I am not sure it had an effect. However, it calmed my nerves as I felt that someone was looking out for me and I would recommend doing it once you hit the 4 month mark.

I also recommend doing the same day service as this experience has been a nightmare and makes it into the top of my list as the worst 5 months in my life (although all of my visa experiences so far have been a nightmare and although this one took 5 months and was the longest - so far it has been the one I was most confident of and with the least problems). I know in two years time when I apply for ILR I will defiantly do same day. It is worth the extra money.

If anyone has any questions let me know, I will answer them if I can. Right now I am just so happy!

:) :)

naz12345
Newly Registered

Post by naz12345 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm

my time line so far

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/03/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 14/03/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 28/03/12
Date Biometrics Appointment: 29/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received: waiting
Result & VISA stamped: waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: student tier 4

Docs applied via post

kid13

Post by kid13 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi all

I was wondering, has anyone had any problems with the transliteration of names into English on the biometrics letter?

Our timeline is as follows:

Application Sent: 22/05/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 06/06/2012 (Dated 31/05/2012)
Biometrics Letter Received: 15/06/2012 (Dated 11/06/2012)
Last edited by kid13 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I had a similar issue where my wife's surname was incorrect (they used Mrs XXX- her maiden name instead of married name). Just called them and asked them to make the change. HO sent a fresh letter within the week with the changes incorporated.
kid13 wrote:Hi all

I was wondering, has anyone had any problems with the transliteration of names into English on the biometrics letter?

My husband got his biometrics letter today, but they spelt his surname wrong.

Basically, in the FLR (M) application form, they asked how the name is spelt in the passport/travel document, and we listed the French transliteration of his name (because Russian passports show details in Russian and a French transliteration).

However, the French transliteration of Russian differs to the English transliteration, so I'd mentioned in my supporting letter that they needed to use the correct English transliteration (as the British Embassy in Moscow had used without problem to write his fiance visa). They appear to have ignored everything in my letter and stuck to the French transliteration.

I will have to wait till next week to call them now and see if they will change it to what it should be. Has anyone else had this problem, and how helpful were the UKBA in this situation?

Our timeline is as follows:

Application Sent: 22/05/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 06/06/2012 (Dated 31/05/2012)
Biometrics Letter Received: 15/06/2012 (Dated 11/06/2012)

Aussie1987
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie1987 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 pm

I finally got my documents back! Still waiting on the biometric card.

My timeline
Date Applied/Docs sent: 25/01/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 01/02/12 (Dated 27/02/12)
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/03/12 (dated 01/03/12)
Date Biometrics Appointment Old Street Post Office: 06/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 16.06.12 (dated 15.06.12)
Biometric Card: Waiting.............
Visa Type : FLR(M) for unmarried partner
Visa From: Tier 5 Youth Mobility

I did contact my MP and they emailed UKBA but UKBA never responded... or maybe their response was approving me..... I will never know but so happy to be on the penultimate step!!

Good luck!!!

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 am

Congratulations to everyone who got their visas!!! Gives me hope that things are finally moving along!

My timeline -
Date applied/docs sent: 16/02/12
Date payment taken : 20/02/12
Date received ack. letter: 23/02/12 (dated Feb 21)
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 20/03/12 (dated 17/03/12)
Date biometrics appointment Golders Green Post Office: 06/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometric Card: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee [/i]

tiredofwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by tiredofwaiting » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Got my documents back on Friday. Still waiting for the Biometric Permit. What a nightmare this has been. Never again will apply by post if it can be avoided. Glad its finally over. Good luck to the rest.

My timeline is

Jan 26 - Applied for FLR(M) and sent application
Feb 01 - Received confirmation of application
Mar 07 - Received biometric letter
Mar 08 - Biometrics submitted
June 15 - Documents returned by UKBA dated 14th June 2012.
Biometric Permit - Still waiting.

FLR (M) from Fiancee visa

viking12
Newly Registered

Post by viking12 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am

tiredofwaiting wrote:Got my documents back on Friday. Still waiting for the Biometric Permit. What a nightmare this has been. Never again will apply by post if it can be avoided. Glad its finally over. Good luck to the rest.

My timeline is

Hi Tiredofwaiting,

I'm happy that you've received your documents. Lets hope the permit will arrive soon.

Could you please update us with when you receive the permit, this way we would know how long it takes between getting the docs and receiving the permit

Thanks

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 am

My wife and I are encouraged at seeing the bottleneck start to trickle through with some approvals. Thought I'd post my timeline as well. Seems like the time between a biometric submission and approval is 14-15 weeks. Perhaps it will speed up now that the Olympics visa wave is over.

Date applied/docs sent: 04/04/12
Date received ack. letter: Don't recall getting one
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 19/04/12 (dated 18/04/12)
Date biometrics appointment Harlow Post Office: 20/04/12
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: _________
Biometric Card: __________
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

tiredofwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by tiredofwaiting » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 pm

tiredofwaiting wrote:Got my documents back on Friday. Still waiting for the Biometric Permit. What a nightmare this has been. Never again will apply by post if it can be avoided. Glad its finally over. Good luck to the rest.

My timeline is

Got the Permit today. It was dated 14th June 2012. Good luck everyone!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Applied for FLR(M): 16/04/12
awaiting decision, gave biometrics approx 3 weeks after the application was sent.

My solicitor just informed me that each case is handled by different caseworkers and the processing time depends on how fast the caseworker handles your application. 14 weeks is an average time for processing these days.

He has also informed me that an application he filed after mine has already got a decision. So i guess there are no time patterns to how they process your application.

In the mean time, My wife who is also my sponsor has to make a trip abroad. Does anyone know if we can ask for her passport back WITHOUT causing a delay into the processing time or raising any eyebrows??
Last edited by Still.Waiting on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Need Help Please

Post by tired_of_waiting » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi everyone.. need some assistance... application sent by post sometime in Feb 2012, Bio-metric taken in first week of April and since then we have been waiting... we wish to write to our MP but unfortunaltely neither of us is good at writing these sort of letters or reequest.. So if some 1 can please help us and give us some sort of template will be really appreciated.
Kind Regards & Good luck to All :)

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:10 pm

There is a letter template on page 11 by endivolac.

Putney did u receive your biometric card? I have got the documents but yet to receive card it is worrying me a bit.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 am

Ram_R wrote:There is a letter template on page 11 by endivolac.

Putney did u receive your biometric card? I have got the documents but yet to receive card it is worrying me a bit.
Ram_R

How long did the whole process take in your case?

bobobo

Re: Need Help Please

Post by bobobo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:28 pm

We also sent the application for my wife on the 23 Feb 12. at the moment HO seems to be working on jan applications. I would reckon we should hear something back in the next 3-4 weeks when I hope they start processing feb applications.
tired_of_waiting wrote:Hi everyone.. need some assistance... application sent by post sometime in Feb 2012, Bio-metric taken in first week of April and since then we have been waiting... we wish to write to our MP but unfortunaltely neither of us is good at writing these sort of letters or reequest.. So if some 1 can please help us and give us some sort of template will be really appreciated.
Kind Regards & Good luck to All :)

putney
Newly Registered

Post by putney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Ram_R wrote:There is a letter template on page 11 by endivolac.

Yes, I've got the card last Thursday. Was redelivered by the courier from www.thedx.co.uk
I've also written to my caseworker about the fact that my visa was issued 4.5 months after I applied for it which has added months to my 2 years qualification period for the ILR. Was hoping to get the ILR in January 2014, now its June 2014. The caseworker has rang me up to explain things. However, he doesn't seem to know the rules himself, as he told me that "as far as he knows" I can apply for the ILR in January 2014. This is incorrect. And the visa issue date cannot be changed :)

putney
Newly Registered

Post by putney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:Applied for FLR(M): 16/04/12
awaiting decision, gave biometrics approx 3 weeks after the application was sent.

My solicitor just informed me that each case is handled by different caseworkers and the processing time depends on how fast the caseworker handles your application. 14 weeks is an average time for processing these days.

He has also informed me that an application he filed after mine has already got a decision. So i guess there are no time patterns to how they process your application.

In the mean time, My wife who is also my sponsor has to make a trip abroad. Does anyone know if we can ask for her passport back WITHOUT causing a delay into the processing time or raising any eyebrows??
Yes, you can ask for her passport back. Tell them that its only her passport you want back. My husband asked for his passport back and it did not affect the status of my application. Good luck!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm

putney wrote:

Yes, you can ask for her passport back. Tell them that its only her passport you want back. My husband asked for his passport back and it did not affect the status of my application. Good luck!
Thank you for that information. However i was wondering if the delay in your case was due to you asking your husband's passport back ?? i guess it could raise more questions for caseworker etc what do you think ?

putney
Newly Registered

Post by putney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:[Thank you for that information. However i was wondering if the delay in your case was due to you asking your husband's passport back ?? i guess it could raise more questions for caseworker etc what do you think ?
I don't think so. They just photocopied his passport. I applied on 23 January and received my visa about a week after someone who applied on 18 January.

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 pm

putney thanks hope i will get my card soon, tomorrow is going to be 7th working day. Is any one else waiting for their card?

Still.Waiting, I have asked for my passport back (sponsor) they have sent it within 10days so no issues.

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 am

putney wrote:

Hello there putney, Still.Waiting,

I am in a similar situation to the one outlined above. My wife (US citizen) has been invited to 2 of her best friend's weddings in August back home and we have not heard anything back from our application in March.

How did you go about asking for the passport(s) back? (Mine is with the application too) Who do you contact, etc?

Also, does it cost anything and how long does it take?

Thank you so much for any information you can give us.

Regards,
Welshy

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am

Welshy wrote:
putney wrote:

I am in a similar situation to the one outlined above. My wife (US citizen) has been invited to 2 of her best friend's weddings in August back home and we have not heard anything back from our application in March.

How did you go about asking for the passport(s) back? (Mine is with the application too) Who do you contact, etc?

Regards,
Welshy
On the FLR M Guidance notes - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf - it states 'If you need your passport because you have to
travel urgently and unexpectedly, call 08706067766.
Your application will be treated as withdrawn if your passport is returned for travel abroad before we are able to decide the application.' which is somewhat concerning.

Any ideas?

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:55 am

Welshy wrote:
Welshy wrote:
putney wrote:

Regards,
Welshy
On the FLR M Guidance notes - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf - it states 'If you need your passport because you have to
travel urgently and unexpectedly, call 08706067766.
Your application will be treated as withdrawn if your passport is returned for travel abroad before we are able to decide the application.' which is somewhat concerning.

Any ideas?
Well in my case Im the applicant, and its my wife (sponsor) who wants to travel. From what I heard here I am able to ask for her passport back without causing a delay, as long as they still have my passport as an applicant.