ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interpretation of the HSMP guidelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LankanFunkin

Interpretation of the HSMP guidelines

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 am

Hi all,

I am having a bit of a dilemma. While I agree the guidelines for the NEW HSMP application are clear-cut, I sometimes find them rather retarded in regards to realistic everyday situations. Take for example the Earnings section. Says to provide original paystubs. Ok, I have _most_ of them, but not all. While my employer has been unable to provide me with new paystubs for the missing months, they have given me signed & stamped earning statements, and letters verifying my earnings. I even got bank statements showing the $$$ inflow for the period. But wait, according to guidelines, I cant _just_ loose the original payslips... I have to have a full blown war or natural disaster to blame for misplacing the documents.

So does this mean, that despite me providing the above info to substitute the lost payslips (and only a few are lost, but I still need them to make the points required), can the HSMP officer look at all the substitute info and choose NOT to consider them because I havent had WWIII or another Tsunami/Katrina in my neighborhood? Or do they act more sensibly? 5 points here can make or break my case!

Also, if the period I was considering was a whiles back, can I leverage the better exchange rate of the time of my paycheck? Again, this can mean an extra critical 5 points.

Please, I would appreciate your feedback. Especially from those who have recently submitted (Post Dec 5 2006) and had similar situations.

Thanks!

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 am

LankanFunkin,

Some of the things you have mentioned are indeed very true...not to mention extremely inconvenient. Claiming exceptional circumstances is no doubt a hassle, however, I have come across atleast 1 instance where the justification was merely loss of a document without any mention of a war or natural calamity.

As a matter of fact, I myself am claiming exceptional circumstances for a Home Office letter that nobody has ever come across!

I don't think we have too much of a choice, but to ensure that the alternatives we provide are convincing enough...for example, stamped and signed letters from employers for missing documents etc.

All the best.

Regards.

paramjit2k

Re: Interpretation of the HSMP guidelines

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:17 pm

LankanFunkin wrote:Hi all,

I am having a bit of a dilemma. While I agree the guidelines for the NEW HSMP application are clear-cut, I sometimes find them rather retarded in regards to realistic everyday situations. Take for example the Earnings section. Says to provide original paystubs. Ok, I have _most_ of them, but not all. While my employer has been unable to provide me with new paystubs for the missing months, they have given me signed & stamped earning statements, and letters verifying my earnings. I even got bank statements showing the $$$ inflow for the period. But wait, according to guidelines, I cant _just_ loose the original payslips... I have to have a full blown war or natural disaster to blame for misplacing the documents.

So does this mean, that despite me providing the above info to substitute the lost payslips (and only a few are lost, but I still need them to make the points required), can the HSMP officer look at all the substitute info and choose NOT to consider them because I havent had WWIII or another Tsunami/Katrina in my neighborhood? Or do they act more sensibly? 5 points here can make or break my case!

Also, if the period I was considering was a whiles back, can I leverage the better exchange rate of the time of my paycheck? Again, this can mean an extra critical 5 points.

The exchange Pound rate is taken for the date of last pay slip.

Please, I would appreciate your feedback. Especially from those who have recently submitted (Post Dec 5 2006) and had similar situations.

Thanks!
Regards,

Pam Aujla

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:32 pm

Good luck to you too hsmp.applicant2007!

LankanFunkin

Re: Interpretation of the HSMP guidelines

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:48 pm

paramjit2k wrote:

The exchange Pound rate is taken for the date of last pay slip.
Thank you paramjit2k. I followed up on your discussions on the forum on this topic as well. Out of curiosity, do you have the reference to this method? Also, were you able to obtain a copy of the caseworker reference?

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:35 pm

I asked same question to HSMP people, they replied same...

Dear Paramjit,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm that the date of the currency rate for converting your earnings, will be the date that you received the most recent wage slip that you are submitting.

For example:

If you are submitting wageslips from April to November, you would use the currency rate as at the payment date in November.

I hope this is of assistance to you.

Kind Regards,

Pam Aujla

LankanFunkin

Re: hi

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Paramjit2k - that was excellent!