ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAPPING

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colekata
Newly Registered

CAPPING

Post by colekata » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

Greetings,

As well all know that there is a capping for every year's Tier-2 applicants, is there a way to know whether this year's capping/quota is already filled?

Is it going to be a waste of time if I apply for a tier-2 and get a rejection due to quota being fulfilled?

Please help. Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 am

You won't be wasting your time as, in such circumstances, you won't be applying. You can't apply without a COS.

57.We will operate the annual limit by not allowing any sponsor to assign a “restricted” Certificate of Sponsorship unless they first get permission to do so by using the monthly allocation process. Further information on this can be found on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sguidance/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 am

The "cap" is on restricted CoS allocations, not on Tier 2 leave to enter / remain applications.

Allocations of restricted certificates of sponsorship
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

colekata
Newly Registered

Post by colekata » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 am

Just double checking....

Since I'm switching from Tier-I PSW, am I under the "restricted" section?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

The answer to that query is given in the statement that you first quoted in your post (and then deleted, to ask the question).
Tier 2 policy guidance wrote:55. There is an annual limit on the number of Certificates of Sponsorship available under Tier 2 (General). This limit applies to Certificate of Sponsorship for those nationals seeking entry clearance to the UK under the Tier 2 (General) category and those who are applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) category from within the UK as a dependant of a Tier 4 (General) student. We refer to these as “restricted” Certificates of Sponsorship.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!