ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tarakino
Newly Registered

Irish citizenship question

Post by tarakino » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi, I hope one of the Mods can advise here....

I got approval for Irish citizenship last year and I am planning to relocate to Dubai next year...

Does revocation of naturalization certs really exist? I mean can they found out if a person is out of the country and revoke his citizenship??

I know there's a form called: Intention to retain Irish citizenship that you can fill out and register it on an annual basis; is it worth doing that?

Thanks

:?:

waitingcitizen

Re: Irish citizenship question

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

I am still waiting for my Naturalisation but would really want to see answers to this as for many of us it can help plan further.

dania

Post by dania » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 pm

tarakino wrote:Hi, I hope one of the Mods can advise here....

I got approval for Irish citizenship last year and I am planning to relocate to Dubai next year...

Does revocation of naturalization certs really exist? I mean can they found out if a person is out of the country and revoke his citizenship??

I know there's a form called: Intention to retain Irish citizenship that you can fill out and register it on an annual basis; is it worth doing that?

Thanks

there is no restriction for u to go anywhere and u just have to visit ireland every year atleast :wink:

"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks

Yes it exists. Section 19 of the Act

Rarely enforced however. But, times might change. See Recent versions of Metro Eireann for May.

You just register your presence at the embassy.

Yes it is worth doing.

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 pm

walrusgumble wrote:

Thanks

Rarely enforced however. But, times might change. See Recent versions of Metro Eireann for May.

Yes it is worth doing.
Thanks Mate, when I register at the embassy; does that mean that I have to pay Taxes to Ireland??

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

tarakino wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Thanks

Yes it is worth doing.
Thanks Mate, when I register at the embassy; does that mean that I have to pay Taxes to Ireland??
If your not working in Ireland, and don't have property (own house) , or bills are in your name

Then , no

ardee

Post by ardee » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
tarakino wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Thanks

Yes it is worth doing.
If your not working in Ireland, and don't have property (own house) , or bills are in your name

Then , no

It depends on how long you spent in Ireland in any given , if you spent more than six in ireland in any given year then you are tax liable to Ireland for that year. If not you are not tax liable. All this information are available on revenue.ie. It has nothing to do whether you have a house or not. Your tax liability is calculated on this basis of habitual residency. Hope this answers your question

ardee

Post by ardee » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
tarakino wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Thanks

Yes it is worth doing.

Then , no

It depends on how long you spent in Ireland in any given year , if you spent more than six months in ireland in any given year then you are tax liable to Ireland for that year.However, this is calculated over 2 year period. If not you are not tax liable. All these information are available on revenue.ie. It has nothing to do with whether you have a house or not. Your tax liability is calculated on the basis of habitual residency. Hope this answers your question