ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I start my job while I'm waiting for my Tier2 visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yaojiximalong
Newly Registered

Can I start my job while I'm waiting for my Tier2 visa?

Post by yaojiximalong » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I just heard this:

As long as you are allowed to work with your Tier 4 (General) or old-style Student visa, it has always been possible after the official end of your course to work full-time for 4 months (or until the end of your visa, if shorter). The usual conditions of your student visa apply, eg. you can work full-time but not fill a permanent vacancy. If you make a valid application for a new visa before the end of your existing visa, you can also continue to work until a decision is made on your application.

I am now a PhD student and going to do my viva soon, can I start the postdoc job (in a different university) after viva while I AM WAITING FOR TIER2 VISA?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

yaojiximalong
Newly Registered

Post by yaojiximalong » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Anybody knows the answer, please help, I am now very tensed up with my Tier 2 visa since it has been quite a long time..... ANXIOUS...!!

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:35 pm

yaojiximalong wrote:Anybody knows the answer, please help, I am now very tensed up with my Tier 2 visa since it has been quite a long time..... ANXIOUS...!!
I don't think this should be a problem. Post docs are usually not permanent positions.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Have a look at the Tier 4 policy guidance from paragraph 289 onwards:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

yaojiximalong
Newly Registered

Post by yaojiximalong » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:51 pm

manci wrote:Have a look at the Tier 4 policy guidance from paragraph 289 onwards:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Thanks a lot Manci, I wrote an email to ask my employer and now am waiting for the reply now.