ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application at PEO - Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barker

ILR application at PEO - Checklist

Post by barker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 am

Hi all,

My wife and I will be applying at Croydon PEO on Monday for ILR. Her history is HSMP Non JR + Tier 1 General. I will be applying as her dependant. We are submitting the following documents, could you'll have a look and let me know if there is something we are missing out on.

• Completed Set (O) form
• Photos
• Passports
• Initial HSMP Approval letter
• Tier 1 Approval Letter showing points
• Income - 12 Salary slips and corresponding bank statements
• Employer's letter confirming amounts on payslips
• Employer’s letter confirming dates of employment
• Last 3 years P60
• Life in the UK result
• List of all absences from the UK (158)
(Photocopies of all the above)

For Cohabitation we have the following document

• C/A Statement in only my name Mar-12
• Electricity bill in both names Mar-12
• Joint A/C Statement Mar-12
• Council Tax Letter in both names Mar-12
• Electricity bill in both names Nov-11
• ISA Statement in only my name Sep-11
• Water Bill in both names Jul-11
• Council Tax Letter in both names Jul-11
• Tenancy Agreement in both names Jun-11
• Joint A/C Statement Nov-10
• NHS Card in my name Sep-10
• Tenancy Agreement in both names Aug-10
• NI Letter in my name Aug-10
• Joint A/C Statement Jun-10
• Tenancy Agreement in both names May-10

in addition we have joint account statements and seperate current account statements for both of us for the entire 2 year period at the same addresses. However have not copied these as there are just too many pages. Will be carrying them along just in case.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 am

Hi barker, you list looks fine. I don’t see anything missing from it.

Also, make sure to use the current version (04/2012) of SET(O) form.

barker

Post by barker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks Linkers,

I have downloaded the new April 2012 version of the SET(O) form. We have stayed at 3 addresses during the last 2 years. While the tenancy agreement for the current address is through an agency the other two are with a private landlord and basically typed out by them. Are these accepted?

Also the only document we have in both names going back for the entire period if out joint account statement. Everything else was in separate names, same address though, apart from council tax and electricity which was set up after we moved to the current address. Hopefully this should be enough for UKBA

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I think the documents you have for cohabitation should be more than enough. You don’t need to provide tenancy agreements if other documents are proving that you and your wife have lived together for 2 years.

zeevirgo

Re: PEO Checklist

Post by zeevirgo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 am

Hi

as you are on tier 1 you dont need Cohabitation documents am i right?

barker wrote:Hi all,

My wife and I will be applying at Croydon PEO on Monday for ILR. Her history is HSMP Non JR + Tier 1 General. I will be applying as her dependant. We are submitting the following documents, could you'll have a look and let me know if there is something we are missing out on.

• Completed Set (O) form
• Photos
• Passports
• Last 3 years P60
• Life in the UK result

in addition we have joint account statements and seperate current account statements for both of us for the entire 2 year period at the same addresses. However have not copied these as there are just too many pages. Will be carrying them along just in case.
ZIC

zeevirgo

Re: PEO Checklist

Post by zeevirgo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 am

How was your appointment can you give me details as i got appointment next month same case like you.....

what documents and queston they asked you

Your help will be appreciated

thanks

barker wrote:Hi all,

• Completed Set (O) form
• Photos
• Passports
• Last 3 years P60
• Life in the UK result

ZIC

barker

Post by barker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 am

zeevirgo,

Documentation to prove cohabitation for the last two years are a compulsory requirement for dependants.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 am

Zeevirgo: the cohabitation documents are required for both SET(O) and SET(M).

Although I have noticed that HO is more strict about SET(M) cohabitation documents, but SET(O) applicants still need to provide some evidence of cohabitation.

barker

Post by barker » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi All,

Our case was not considered on the 16th when we applied at the PEO. CW said that I as a dependant have to complete 24 months in the UK and cannot use the 28 day rule, only the main applicant, my wife, could. Were given the option of withdrawing my case and applying only for her, but would not get a refund of my fees. Or else have the case deferred to the 5th May and get a decision after that date.

Since it would have cost me considerably more to withdraw, switch category and then apply again we opted to defer the case. CW said that she would upload all details on the system. Checked the documents submitted and retained duplicate copies we had provided for all of them along with all original passports. She did not comment on anything at all. When we asked her about my wife's application she said she wasnt allowed to say anything. She did say that everything seems in order and the points we are claiming for are over the required 75 so it "Looks allright"

Were offered the option of having the passports returned by post but we opted to collect in person. Now we have a tense few weeks waiting to get a call from them about the decision :(

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 pm

barker wrote:Hi All,

Our case was not considered on the 16th when we applied at the PEO. CW said that I as a dependant have to complete 24 months in the UK and cannot use the 28 day rule, only the main applicant, my wife, could. Were given the option of withdrawing my case and applying only for her, but would not get a refund of my fees. Or else have the case deferred to the 5th May and get a decision after that date.

Since it would have cost me considerably more to withdraw, switch category and then apply again we opted to defer the case. CW said that she would upload all details on the system. Checked the documents submitted and retained duplicate copies we had provided for all of them along with all original passports. She did not comment on anything at all. When we asked her about my wife's application she said she wasnt allowed to say anything. She did say that everything seems in order and the points we are claiming for are over the required 75 so it "Looks allright"

Were offered the option of having the passports returned by post but we opted to collect in person. Now we have a tense few weeks waiting to get a call from them about the decision :(
when did you entered the UK, did enter the UK with your family together. and did you have the 2 years completed with documents

barker

Post by barker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 am

I entered the UK on the 5th May 2010.

barker

Post by barker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 am

Received our confirmation letters today phew!!!!!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks for the update, barker.

The topic offers useful insight - regarding the issue of eligibility of (HSMP/PBS) dependants for settlement when they fall short of the qualifying period by a few days / weeks - that it is up to the caseworker.

AFAIK, as on date there is just one more member, with similar circumstances, who has posted his experience. In his case, the dependant was short by 10 days and the caseworker approved the application on the day of the appointment.

In your case, you (dependant) fell short by 20 days on the day of appointment and you were advised to either withdraw or have your application deferred.

I guess it will be on the caseworker dealing with such an application whether he/she allows the application to be deferred or asks the dependant to withdraw or refuse the dependant application or advise the applicants to make an application by post (so that by the time a caseworker sees the application the dependant would have completed the 2 year period).
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rangeel

Post by rangeel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Thank you barker for your update.

Just small request,
Is it possible to paste the sample of Employer's letter confirming amounts on payslips , removing your privacy things. I am going to ILR next month and I have asked my Employer for salary confirmation letter but they sent me a just normal employment letter without gross information of last 12 months.

Or if you happy to paste in my mailbox, please at rangeel@hotmail.com
It would be great help.
thanks.

barker

Post by barker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Sushdmehta:

The cw offered us the options of withdrawing or deferring the application. I asked about sending the application through the post but she advised against it as if we withdrew the application we would not get a refund of the fees we had already paid. She said we could withdraw my application and she would process my wifes only, but i would have to apply for FLR and then apply again for ILR after 2 weeks, which would mean paying twice.

I guess the best option is to go to Solihull where you would be offered these options before paying the fes.

Rangeel:

My apologies, but i seem to have deleted the scanned file for the letter with her salary included. The file I have emailed is the employers letter confirming her role with them and is the only one we were offered by her HR. We did draw up a draft with the exact same text and added in a table with the salary details broken down by month. She asked her line manager to sign it and we took it with us but did not submit as the caseworker did not want it, so we shredded it. I do not know how to attach it on this forum.

barker

Post by barker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Rangeel,

Managed to find a draft copy of the format we used for the salary confirmation. Have mailed it to you .

rangeel

Post by rangeel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you barker
appreciated.

Maqsood ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Maqsood ahmad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Thats strange. I am going to apply for ILR on 20th Sep 2012 in person at Croydon with 2 dependants including my wife who arrived in UK on 2nd October 2010. I have called UKBA twice in last couple of months and was told by 2 different persons on 2 different dates that 28 days will count for my wife too. Don't know what to do. Luckily I have noted down names / times of those phone calls to UKBA. I have got my phone stats to show the calls were made. Any comments please? And also for 2 years cohabitation, I have got BT conection letter (Dated 14 Oct 2010) and all bills since December 2010 - both in my wife's name. Will that be sufficient please? And will they accept copy bills because I had binned original bills and BT sent us duplicates (some coloured and some black&white but all on their letterheads). I have got my bank statements for that 2 year period at the same address. Will also take NHS reg cards, some of her Lloyds TSB statements (might not get all of them). Got tenancy agreement signed by both of us on 10 December 2011 for the year 2012. Any comments / suggestions will be appreciated.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 am

Hi barker and rangeel: Hope you are doing well. Bit late request but if possible this would be great help for me. Could you give me the out line of the format that you used for the salary confirmation/ confirming amounts on payslips , removing your privacy things. I am going to ILR on November. Or if you happy to paste in my mailbox, please at arifahmmed@yahoo.com
Regards

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 am

I thought i had lost this topic somewhere ...

I have a similar situation.

Just when i thought i had all the bases covered, had my CRB check done which came clean, had a missing pay slip printed again ... and now this issue.

I have booked an appointment for 3rd October which falls 3 days short of my wife's 2 years requirement. I hope there are no problems otherwise i will have to go to the postal route and it will take ages.

Maqsood ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Maqsood ahmad » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 am

Hi Ozair, whats this CRB? Is this a requirement too. I have just completed 5 years on Tier 1 + HSMP. And yes hope and pray they allow 28 days on dependant's qualification period too.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

CRB check is criminal record bureau check.

I was stupid not to change my car registration document to current address and was worried i might have a pending case in court for speeding which did not come to my knowledge. I recently got that changed and for my peace of mind got a CRB check done on my name and previous address. It cost £25 from http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/ and i got a clean certificate within 1 week although they say it may take 2 weeks.

You have to declare all court convictions in your application and if there was a pending court case i would have been rejected.

It is not a requirement, home office will probably check it on the day themselves but just to be on the safe side i did a check on myself. I will not include it in the application but will keep it with me on the day to cover myself.

barker

Post by barker » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Arif - I did not use a letter from the employer. I made an excel sheet with dates for all payments received as salary, dates received, and amounts. I submitted this along with the bank statements. I did highlight all payments with a marker on the photocopies of the statements but she did not need the copies.

With regards to the 28 days rule applying to dependants, there is no clear statement in the rules so it is unfortunately upto the case worker at that time. As Sushdmehta has mentioned previously based on the experience of another person. If others added in their experiences it might go a little way in showing how much of an issue this is or isnt.