ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank account problem...please help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Bank account problem...please help!

Post by jason32 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi,

I've submitted my PSW application on 4th april as normal. But I am using a joint account with my friend, the statement covers all 3 months thats all ok. But now the problem is my friend wants to separate his account so he wants to remove my name from the account. My question is what would happen if my name is removed from account now? Is that straight refusal?

What else could be done in this situation? please help?

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Anyone?

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Have you finished your biometrics and if you have how long has it been ???

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:42 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:Have you finished your biometrics and if you have how long has it been ???
Nop, they havent sent the biometric invitation yet as I applied on 4th of April.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Then I'd think its a sticky situation because of what I know , the consideration process starts only after biometrics has been given. Dont quote me on this cause this is the info Ive received from a 'GURU' on this forum so I'm just believing it.

Is there no way you can tell your friend and request to him to hold on for a bit, after all its a question of your visa, just a few more days, weeks perhaps..

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:Then I'd think its a sticky situation because of what I know , the consideration process starts only after biometrics has been given. Dont quote me on this cause this is the info Ive received from a 'GURU' on this forum so I'm just believing it.

Is there no way you can tell your friend and request to him to hold on for a bit, after all its a question of your visa, just a few more days, weeks perhaps..
No thats the problem, he wants it done asap ... do they check the account?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm

jason32 wrote:he wants it done asap ...
Why on earth u decided to send a joint account statement when the joint turn out so fragile.
N/A

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
jason32 wrote:he wants it done asap ...
Why on earth u decided to send a joint account statement when the joint turn out so fragile.
it just happened, i was maintaining funds in my wife's account but then later I found out that the money should be in my own personal name...I was applying for my family at the same time.

Now the situation is not good at all, my friend wants to remove my name from the account and ukba is delaying and delaying...

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 am

Really tough to say mate... As far as I know they consider the application only after biometrics so cant really say whether they will go on to check the account with the bank or just scan through the statements that you have sent.. Just hope for the best mate... !

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Well technically you can just ignore this friend of yours as he cannot remove your name without your consent ie unless you agree to withdraw voluntarily.

Hence if you are in dispute with your friend he cannot do anything to harm your visa application neither he could close the a/c without your consent as being a joint a/c holder gives you the right to take decision jointly with regards to changes made. Your friend may choose to withdraw his name but cannot force you to withdraw yours or close the a/c.

Your friend would need to take a legal route to force you to resign from the a/c and would need to prove that he is the rightful owner of the existing balance and that would take several months or even years and you may as well put a counter claim and the case will drag on and on....

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:08 pm

The issue that you might face is : In case your friend withdraws all the balance and UKBA wants to check the a/c then you would be in big mess.

Is the a/c operated independently or requires a joint signature for withdrawal?

Assuming the a/c is operated individually you can stop your friend from withdrawing any funds by speaking to the bank if they don't agree then it could be stopped by obtaining an injunction. You need to contact a solicitor.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Most importantly i forgot to address the primary issue

Are you actually a joint a/c holder? or an addition to the primary a/c holder who is your friend.

If this is the case than i am afraid your friend can force you out and there is very little you could do other than beg him to reconsider or resolve your dispute with him.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 pm

But even if his friend were to withdraw all the money, how would that make a difference to his application ? Wouldnt the statements covering 3 months be enough for him or does UKBA actually have to check with the bank whether there is still money in the account or not ??

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

You are right money doesn't necessarily have to be in the a/c but UKBA can refuse the application on the ground of deception that the said a/c has no funds or worse that it had been closed down.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Thank you for your responses. I dont want to have a fight with my friend as he helped me in a difficult situation when he accepted to add my name to his account. Hes a good friend but maybe he wants to use that account for some reason and he wants to have a sole account for that.

Apart for this issue, some people's accounts are closed by banks and they cant do anything about it, how does UKBA deal with those people? Do they simply reject the applications? They should be only concerned with the period of the bank statement right? and if the account is closed after that then does that even count?

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Ideally that should not count as you have met the requirements stated by them but who's to say that they do check all this on security grounds..

Noble of you to acknowledge your friend for his help mate.. I will pray everything goes fine for you,!