ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Police arrest and further investigation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

D-Abdul
Newly Registered

ILR Application - Police arrest and further investigation

Post by D-Abdul » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello all,

I am due to apply for ILR next month and already have a premium appointment booking. I however was involved in an accident last week and got arrested and breathalysed by the police.

The breathalyser result was below the limit but the police took my blood sample for standard drug and alcohol check. The also took my finger prints, DNA and my picture. The result of the blood test wont be available till end of next month after my appointment date.

Could i still go ahead with my application? and do i need to mention this in my application?

Your response and advice will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Abdul.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

What form will you be using to apply for your ILR? No doubt you have read that form. What question on the form is worrying you?
John

joh892

Post by joh892 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't think you need to mention anything because you haven't been charged with any criminal offence. Until you are charged in a court of law for a criminal offence, then I dont think you should disclose. Chances are that the police will not pursue it if no alcohol or drugs are found in your blood sample.

D-Abdul
Newly Registered

Post by D-Abdul » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:36 pm

John, you are right regarding the questions on the form. The two questions are: do you have any criminal conviction? and have you ever been charged with any criminal offence.

I am only worried about PNC check and what impact it might have on my application.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 pm

D-Abdul, thanks for that, but I agree with joh892, if you have no criminal conviction, and have not been charged with anything, there is nothing to disclose.
John

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi D-Abdul

You've nothing to worry about any thing and you dont have to discclose any thing in your application form as you are not charged or convicted at all so nothing to worry about any thing.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

sujay84
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application - Police arrest and further investigatio

Post by sujay84 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Hello,

Did you get your ILR finally ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application - Police arrest and further investigatio

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:22 pm

sujay84 wrote:Hello,

Did you get your ILR finally ?
D-Abdul only posted 3 times and hasn't been active on the forum for 4 years! Whether they were granted ILR or not is immaterial as the 'good character' rule has tightened considerably since then.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.