ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john991
Newly Registered

Enquiry

Post by john991 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:07 pm

I came to UK with a student visa in Aug 29,2002 and a year after before the expiry of that visa, i applied to renew it (same day services at crydon) and it was refuse, i appealed against the decision the same week that i got he refusal letter, without bridging any gap.
While the appeal was going on, like 9 month or so, i have always be attending college, and my lawyer advised me not to wait for hearing date, that i should re-apply. I re-applied, got the acknowledgement letter and i withdrew the pending appeal few months later, i got my student visa renewed. and since then, everything is cool, until 2009 when i apply to renew my student visa again, it was refuse, i appealed against it and i won
The question now is, would the little GAP affect my 10 years Continuous residence ?
Student visa all through and what sort of documents would i need apart from my old and new passport please ?
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Enquiry

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:27 pm

john991 wrote:I came to UK with a student visa in Aug 29,2002 and a year after before the expiry of that visa, i applied to renew it (same day services at crydon) and it was refuse, i appealed against the decision the same week that i got he refusal letter, without bridging any gap.
While the appeal was going on, like 9 month or so, i have always be attending college, and my lawyer advised me not to wait for hearing date, that i should re-apply. I re-applied, got the acknowledgement letter and i withdrew the pending appeal few months later, i got my student visa renewed. and since then, everything is cool, until 2009 when i apply to renew my student visa again, it was refuse, i appealed against it and i won
The question now is, would the little GAP affect my 10 years Continuous residence ?
Student visa all through and what sort of documents would i need apart from my old and new passport please ?
Thanks
But, about 3 weeks ago, you were an illegal migrant whose 6 month visa had expired!
john991 wrote:Am in the UK illegally because i was given 6 month visa and it has expires
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

john991
Newly Registered

Post by john991 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Very funny, am using the forum to ask question for my friends who are not computer literate, I apologize if you find that offensive, instead of creating double profile, i decided to use the same profile to ask different questions

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 am

It is not funny, though it may seem to you!

When asking queries on behalf of someone, please state so clearly. You do not need to take someone identity to ask a question on someone's behalf. "I" can have only one immigration history, and that helps avoid unnecessary confusion as above.

john991
Newly Registered

Post by john991 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 am

I do apologize once again, i got permission from the individual concerned before asking the question, once again, am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Can you give a clue about the question please ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

No need to apologise! Perfectly okay even if you ask on behalf of someone without their permission. It's just that when asking on behalf of someone else, please state so clearly.

Coming to your queries:
1. Given the information posted, I don't think there is any gap (you made an out-of-time application before withdrawing your appeal).
2. Read the SET(O) form. It explains the documentary evidences required.

john991
Newly Registered

Post by john991 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the quick responds, highly apriciated