ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dorian1986

EEA2

Post by dorian1986 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I came to the UK via student visitor visa and im from Turkey.I got married with my litvanian(from European) girl friend 20 days ago.I am wondering can i apply for EEA2 or which form should i apply or should i go back to my country and apply for EEA family permit?is there a deadline for applying EEA2 while im in the UK?(My visa is valid 9th september)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 am

Apply for Residence Card using from EEA2 from within the UK. There is not need to apply for EEA Family Permit.

There is no deadline to apply for the RC and this can be before or after your current visa expire.

Your wife will need to exercise EU treaty rights by either employment, study or being self-sufficient. For the last two cases, a private health insurance is required (in addition to NHS). See more details in the application form.

See also How to apply for residence documents as the non-EEA family member of an EEA national.

dorian1986

Post by dorian1986 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 am

Thank you very much i had thought like that,as you said..

dorian1986

Post by dorian1986 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:21 pm

i would also like to find out that if my wife doesnt have a residence card i cant have a residence car how much is it true? i think my wife from European and she doesnt need to have isnt it?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 pm

This is correct. There is no requirement for the EEA national to hold any residence documentation. You can apply for a Residence Card just for yourself. However, you will need to send your wife's documents (passport/ID card, proof of exercising treaty rights) with the application.

Kamelija
Newly Registered

EEA2 child's application

Post by Kamelija » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Dear Sirs,

I am new on this forum. I would appreciate if someone could advise me.

I am from Ukraine and I have applied for residence card , I have included my child in the application as my dependant.

My EEA husband is not a father of my child.

My boy was born in UK and he doesn't have passport. I have not added him into my passport as this was not compulsory. My solicitors advised not to do that.

I have recently received certificate of application for both of us and received a letter asking for valid passport of my child, so they could make decision on his application.

I didn't want to apply together with the child but solicitors advised me to do so. My passport has expired one week ago and it is in Home Office.

The main problem is that I have written explanatory letter to Home office that in Ukraine children can't issued with the passport until age of 18 and that embassy can't give him travel document because his parents are not legally in UK.

Embassy only gives passport if you have got a valid visa.

Could you please advise ,what shall I do. My passport has expired and I won't be able to add him and also won't be able to submit new application.

My child can't be issued with the passport.

I am lost, I don't know what to do. My solicitor suggeted to phone up border agency and explain situation.

Please please please help me.

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 child's application

Post by thsths » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 am

Kamelija wrote:I am from Ukraine and I have applied for residence card , I have included my child in the application as my dependant.
I assume you satisfy the requirements? Then this was the correct step.

It is doubtful that your boy will get a residence card without a passport. The problem seems to be more the embassy than the UKBA.

You could just wait until you have the residence card, then apply for his passport, and then for his residence card. It will take about a year - and during that time he would not be able to travel.

The only alternative I can is to travel to the Ukraine and apply for a family permit there for the both of you.
I am lost, I don't know what to do. My solicitor suggeted to phone up border agency and explain situation.
It sounds like your solicitor is a bit clueless. This should have been part of the cover letter - his job.

Kamelija
Newly Registered

Post by Kamelija » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:00 am

Me and my husband has applied together , he has received residence document under EEA1 application. On the same day , when I received his certificate of application. He got his passport back. Later I got letter asking for child's passport.

I phoned so manu solicitors companies, explained them that child doesn't have passport and they said that this shouldn't be a problem. They had so many cases like mine and it was never a problem.

I wanted to wait for my residence card and then apply for child's but I was advised just not to waist a time and now we are in the situation when everything seems impossible.

I phones up Home Office and they were rude. They just said , we can't help you...

adnan_arshad
Newly Registered

Advice regarding EEA2 application

Post by adnan_arshad » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am

Dear Brother's;

Im new here and seeking you brother's and sister's advice, I have married to a Polish National n am holding a Pakistan Nationality we married in UK, and currently need your advice to fill the EEA2 application form. as i am not engaging any solicitor for our application, i need your help to do it so. we have almost completed everything to submit application for etc; MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, JOINT BANK STATEMENT, TENDENCY AGREMENT, MARRIAGE PICTURES FOR PROOF OF MEETING, AND HER APPOINTMENT LETTER AS WELL. if anything else any brother or sister can tell us to do we can make it ready to support for our application, though my wife had kid wid his x husband. and he is living with him now if its not any problem later for our application.

waiting for your answer's.

regards.

Adnan

dorian1986

hi

Post by dorian1986 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 pm

can i ask something?my visa shows that ``You will not be able to extend your stay as a student visitor from within the UK. Nor will you be allowed to apply for permission to stay in the UK under any other immigration category.``Question is Can I apply for a residence card?