ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Photos for EEA4 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Passport Photos for EEA4 Application

Post by Gigimou » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 am

I hope someone can help me.

I have submitted my EEA4 application - i included two passport size photographs of myself - when I went on the EEA 4 guidance it says that the background must be light, no sunglasses or headwear etc and so i thought my photo would be fine.

now i went onto photo guidance on UKBA website and it says no grinning or smiling, i am smiling very slightly although my mouth is closed, i think its a neutral expression, UKBA may think otherwise?. will they refuse my application on this one small mistake and how do i go about rectifying it?

Your help would be much appreciated.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:56 pm

What help do you expect?

As long as UKBA have not informed you that the photo you submitted is unacceptable, you have no problem. And in the (IMHO very unlikely) case that they will do so, they will no doubt tell you what to do.

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Post by Gigimou » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Thank you

I just want to know if they let you know as soon as they receive your application if all your documents and photos are correct or only a couple of months down the line and then the process is even further delayed.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:23 pm

As the card is not a biometric one, I don't think the HO ae so strict on photos (at least this was the case in the past).

Gigimou
Newly Registered

EEA4 Application

Post by Gigimou » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm

thats good to know, so hopefully should be ok.

I have another query regarding the EEA4 application. We decided to do the application ourselves and without the help of a solicitor.

My husband acquired permanent residence in 2009, he has a permanent residence card. are we right in thinking that the form states that we dont have to demonstrate treaty rights again and only that he has not been absent from the UK in the last two years?

for that we provided the following
1. Bank statements for two years
2. P60's
3. Tenancy Agreement - althought this is dated 5 years back as we have not moved since then
4. we dont have utility bills as our rent was all inclusive (we lived in a flatshare) and covered all bills.

do you think that will be sufficient?

this is a great forum - thanks for your help!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:02 pm

I get the impression that your case is pretty straightforward. If there were no problems with your Residence Card application (EEA2) five years ago, I see no reason to expect them now.
Normally you can expect the Certificate of Application about a month after submitting the application (That's UKBA's interpretation of immediately), and the Permanent Residence Card after about four months.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4 Application

Post by Jambo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Gigimou wrote:thats good to know, so hopefully should be ok.

I have another query regarding the EEA4 application. We decided to do the application ourselves and without the help of a solicitor.

My husband acquired permanent residence in 2009, he has a permanent residence card. are we right in thinking that the form states that we dont have to demonstrate treaty rights again and only that he has not been absent from the UK in the last two years?

for that we provided the following
1. Bank statements for two years
2. P60's
3. Tenancy Agreement - althought this is dated 5 years back as we have not moved since then
4. we dont have utility bills as our rent was all inclusive (we lived in a flatshare) and covered all bills.

do you think that will be sufficient?

this is a great forum - thanks for your help!
I think you provided more evidence than needed as some of them are redundant.

There is only need to provide evidence to prove presence from 2009 for the EEA national and residence for 5 years for the non EEA national.

The tenancy agreements would do that. There is no need for the additional bank statements or the P60 (were they yours or your husbad's?).

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Post by Gigimou » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for the post fysicus.

Jambo for my proof of residence for 5 years I provided bank statements,
P60's and tenancy agreements.

For my husband we provided bank statements, p60's and tenancy agreement

We only have one joint tenancy agreement dating to 2006 as we have lived till now in the same address.

Gigimou
Newly Registered

EEA4 Application

Post by Gigimou » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi All

I have a quick question - its been over a month since i submitted my EEA4 application and i thought i would have my COA by now.

does the UKBA have to issue this or is it up to their discretion? what can i do to get this certificate as i need it urgently for employment purposes.

thanks so much.

arnie365

Re: Passport Photos for EEA4 Application

Post by arnie365 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Similar puzzle here. The photo guidance link on the Tier1 form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pbs/193059 does not work. I got my baby's photo done with white background. Is that fine?