ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - General - Extension due soon - Next steps

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheronline
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - General - Extension due soon - Next steps

Post by sheronline » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier 1 General and my extension is due in 7 months. I have got a couple of questions -

Q1: I am applying for a new job - in case HR asks me, what is the best to convince them that I am going to apply for extension which would entitle me to stay here longer (I know a very vague question but I just need to prepare)

Q2. What happens after Extension expires? What is the next step towards ILR / Permanent residence?

If answered already, please excuse and provide link.
Thanks

PS: I looked at the UKBA website - it said you need to score points again which is kind of confusing as points calculator doesn't seem to have this "Settlement" option?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm

sheronline
Newly Registered

Post by sheronline » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 pm

* carry out repeat checks at least once every 12 months, if the person has a time limit on their stay and you go on to employ them.
Re: preventing illegal working link - Are you trying to say I should show it to them and tell them to keep checking my visa regularly?

Regarding Settlement link - I have already looked at that and point 4 says to check points on points calculator - I did that but I guess as I am not on extension yet it shows me points for extension only. I wanted to see how much points I get for Age etc after Extension period.

thx.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:45 pm

You can state your intention to renew your visa, and show them the UKBA guidance which states that you can legally work in the UK now and while your extension application is being processed. They will/should already be aware of the guidance for employers (who employ people who are on time restricted immigration visas), but if you want you can point them to that too.

If you take a look through the information provided in the Tier 1 extension application form & SET(O) form along with the associated guidance you will be able to determine how many points you need to score - which will be based on the date you made your initial application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/

For ILR, I suggest that you take a look through the following sticky which contains answers to a lot of FAQ's...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

sheronline
Newly Registered

Post by sheronline » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:44 pm

cs95tdg - that sticky is handy. Cheers mate