ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_2007

Earnings Question

Post by HSMP_2007 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi All,

Last 3 years i am in UK and having valid workpermit but still i have bad luck for applying the HSMP.

Issue is i never stayed continously for 12 monts : eg.

First trip : Aug'2004 to Nov'2004
Second trip : Jan'2005 to Oct'2005
third trip : Jan'2006 to till date

Can i apply using the above situation ? required your vaild inputs.

Planning to wait upto Jan but i have another issue- i got salary jan(10days)+feb(28days) +march(31days) all in single salary slip.

How do i explain the situation to caseworkers ? getting letter from company is nightmare !! any other ideas ?

Regards,
:lol:

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:16 am

HSMP_2007,

Assuming while you worked while in the UK and got paid a good enough wage, you _do_ have the option of pro-rating your earning rate for 12 months, since you have lived in more than 1 country.

Under the new HSMP rules, you can do this per item #38 on page 25 on the HSMP Guidance.

So basicallu, in your current 15 month look back period (Sep 2005-Nov 2006), you can consider the Jan 2006-Nov 2006 Date block (11 Months):

[Total earned Jan 2006 to Nov 2006] x 12 / 11 = Pro Rated earnings in the UK for 12 months (Its already in GBP, so no currency conversion needed).

As for the odd pay period in the beginning of the recent work period - I really dont have an idea how you would document that. Anyone else have any insights?

I'm in the same boat as you HSMP_2007 in regards to residing in different countries. I'll be submitting my application this week. Best of luck to you!

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Thanks for your reply..

I am planning to show earning details : 25 Jan05 to 25 Jan'06

Main issue is : My 2months salary(Jan + Feb) is paid in the march salary slip.

How do i explain this to case worker?

Thanks

:lol:

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:04 am

I really am not too sure on how you'd show that. I personally would include:

- A signed letter (on company letterhead) from your employer that says that you are working for them from Jan 2006 to date, and that Paycheck 1+2 got paid in March. I know you said its a pain to get a letter, but I'm afraid if I am a HSMP officer, I will base my decision heavily on this, so... In the least, include the job offer letter (which should have the Jan 2006 start date?)
- Bank statements from Jan 2006 to date, which clearly show this big paycheck you got in March, and the subsequent smaller ones
- Notarized copy of passport, with pages showing Jan 2006 UK entry stamp clearly marked

Anyone else have any feedback?

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:19 am

I think u shud go for a employer letter, which should state ur monthly income, and then u was paid Jan and Feb salary in Mar....

Other thing, The Thing matters is what u earned...Even if u dont show anything for Jan and Feb, and ur earning is fetching required marks, u can show earning from Mar to Jan...

Hope it helps....
Regards,

Pam Aujla

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:18 pm

Thanks All,

Getting a letter from organisation it is a really impossible from my side that too they won't give letter to hsmp.

I am able to understand the pam option :

Other thing, The Thing matters is what u earned...Even if u dont show anything for Jan and Feb, and ur earning is fetching required marks, u can show earning from Mar to Jan...

That case i will be getting earning total is 11 months.
is it Hsmp team will accept this ? Is it 12 months period mandatory ?

then i can apply the hsmp against below point

EDU :30
Earning :35 pt (11 months earning is 39k-GBP)
UKExp :5

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 pm

I read the same from a HSMP lawyer...additonally specify same in the cover letter...Coz they award points for what u earned...they concern is figure...How u achieve that figure it is headache...if u earn in 6 months its ur ability...

Still if u have some doubt...ask HO thru mail and fone...they reply normaly in 3 working days...
Regards,

Pam Aujla