ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Document checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paulmathew
Newly Registered

ILR Document checklist

Post by paulmathew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi,

Was just speaking to HO today as I heard from my friends that during ILR submission we need to supply 5 years of P60, HO said that yes its true they need all 5 years p60 + the latest salary slip even if you are not planning on using it as part of the continuous 12 months, degree certificate (even though if you had a Tier one previously) and marriage certificate (even though you are supplying cohabitation evidences) ..... I was not thinking of supplying these, as the guidance notes never spoke about those being absolutely mandatory, so i am wondering what are the other things that HO is looking out for that are not obvious straight away. Yet they were not insistent about having the print out of the points calculator, the person said you can include it if you want. Please help, what else will they need...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

barker

Post by barker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Paul,

We did not include P60, original degree certificates or marriage certificates in our application. Neither were we asked for any of these.

paulmathew
Newly Registered

Thnaks.

Post by paulmathew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Thnaks Baker, Its good to know that, I guess you too were from Tier 1 to ILR.

I am going on the lines of this but a bit toned down.....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=106129

barker

Post by barker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 pm

LOL

I can imagine, the process freaked us out as well to be honest. But after reading through the posts on this forum I relaxed a bit. The seniors provide pretty accurate information and its not as bad as you think.

I applied with my Wife as the main applicant and me the dependent. She applied under HSMP + Tier 1G. I took everything along but they dont really ask for additional documentation unless there is something that they need clarification on.

joh892

Post by joh892 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm

I recently applied for ILR under HSMP and Tier 1 and did not have to provide marriage certificate or the degree cert. I had my P60s but they were not required. I think you needn't worry if you dont have them. But if you have P60s just carry them with you should a crazy CW ask for them.

paulmathew
Newly Registered

Thnaks

Post by paulmathew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes guys, Thanks very much, i must have spoken to a person who had a hard day already by 11:30 am. Cheers guys.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Do remember that UKBA staff manning the helplines are known to offer inaccurate advice and sometimes advice based on obsolete rules.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

paulmathew
Newly Registered

Thanks and Thanks Very much

Post by paulmathew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

The link you gave above - FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 is an absolute gold mine, its took me almost 4 hrs to read all those and connected document, but well worth it and yes i agree with you that i have got plenty of wrong advise. Thanks very much. Very comfortable.