ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New version of SET(M)-biometric residency permits-help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saagaloo
Newly Registered

New version of SET(M)-biometric residency permits-help

Post by saagaloo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:55 am

Hi
My husband is applying for ILR and I stupidly sent in the wrong version of the SET(M) form. I sent in Oct 2011, but it has changed again from the end of Feb 2012. I sent the wrong version in last wednesday.

I looked at the website, sending the older version of the form makes the application invalid. Will they charge me??? Or just send the application back? How long will it take to send the documents back to me?
I'm asking because I thinking to use the premium service and to speed things up!
They haven't charged me yet, and we sent in credit card details. I am wondering whether I should block the payment, so they will send the application back?

Anybody had any similar experiences?

UK border agency have also introduced Biometric residency permits. How much more time does that add to the waiting time?

We have travel plans in 3 months..and the visa is not an emergency right now...just wondering if we should start again?

Help

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello saagaloo I readed if you sent the old version between 21 days of the release of the new version they may still accept .

I did the same mistake but I sent a form that was expired 2 months ago so they sent it back as invalid so I had to reaply.

34I. Where an application or claim is made no more than 21 days after the date on which a form is specified under the immigration rules and on a form that was permitted for such application or claim immediately prior to the date of such specification, the application or claim shall be deemed to have been made on the specified form.

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks Marian 2012

We sent the form on 21st of March so they probably got it just after the 21 days (day 22 or day 23).

We got a letter yesterday saying the application was being forwarded to a case officer who would check the validity of it.

How long did you wait before they sent back your documents?

We have a holiday booked at the end of June. I hope we have our travel documents before then.

When I rang the UK border agency they told me that a postal application can take up to 6 months. Even though my application might be invalid, they couldn't tell me when I would get my documents back and I shouldn't make any travel arrangements.

Also as from the end of February 2012, all those applying for ILR will also have to get a biometric residency permit. I wonder how long that adds to the processing time???

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks Marian 2012

We sent the form on 21st of March so they probably got it just after the 21 days (day 22 or day 23).

We got a letter yesterday saying the application was being forwarded to a case officer who would check the validity of it.

How long did you wait before they sent back your documents?

We have a holiday booked at the end of June. I hope we have our travel documents before then.

When I rang the UK border agency they told me that a postal application can take up to 6 months. Even though my application might be invalid, they couldn't tell me when I would get my documents back and I shouldn't make any travel arrangements.

Also as from the end of February 2012, all those applying for ILR will also have to get a biometric residency permit. I wonder how long that adds to the processing time???

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 pm

The delayed 9 weeks to send all my documents back telling it was invalid , most of the cases I read delayed 12 weeks .

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 pm

That's a long time for an invalid form. I hope it doesn't take longer than 12 weeks, otherwise we have to cancel our holiday. :(

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 pm

God! I am soooo frustrated at how slow the UK border agency does anything! Its been nearly 12 weeks since we sent in my husband's application for ILR (sent March 21st 2012).
We got a letter for biometrics on April 22nd and some papers to fill to make my husband's application valid....then nothing...today is the 20th June!

Later, we both requested our passports back for ID purposes on 21st May. ( I needed mine for work and my husband needed his to prove to the NHS that he is on a spouse visa, as he keeps getting bills for hospital treament!) I got my passport back 12 days later (I'm British) and they didn't send my husband's passport back. And I have to wonder why???? We even sent in the NHS bills in as evidences, but it seems like the UKBA is ignoring the request to return my husband's passport. My husband thinks its because I'm British and he is not. I think it is disgusting how HIS requests are being ignored.
I have contacted my local MP about it, faxed letters to the Liverpool office requesting urgent return of my husbands passport and even emailed complaints to the customer complaints department. All ignored!

I am embarassed at how slow the UK border Agency is and I am embarassed and frustrated at how they have failed to return my husband's passport.
The application fee is close to £1000 and this is the level of service you get.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a passport to be returned, or all your documents returned?

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Sagaloo I'm in the same boat, waiting for a reply and maybe forgetting about my holidays next month if I dont get this on time .

did you try sending an email here ?

Will I be issued with a biometric residence permit?
If you are successful in your application you will receive a biometric residence permit. However, the card is not issued on the day you give your biometrics. It will be sent to you in the post via secure delivery. If you have not received your permit within 10 working days of the date of your decision letter you must email BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and provide the following details:
 full name;
 date of birth;
 nationality;
 passport number;
 delivery address;
 a contact telephone number; and
 case reference number
You cannot enquire about undelivered permits in person at our offices or biometric enrolment centres. This applies to both premium and postal services.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

When was your spouse's leave due to expire?

If it has expired, perhaps UKBA has not returned your spouse's passport because by requesting the passport back you are essentially requesting withdrawal of settlement application (read 4.1 and 4.2). But since you have not made such a request explicitly (to withdraw an application), they are not paying any heed to your requests (and complaints).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

My husband's spouse visa has another year on it. He has a KoL stamp on his visa, so all he had to do was pass life in the UK test, which he did and he would have got his ILR. I feel so stupid at filling in the wrong version of the form as his application would have been so straight forward. Now everything has got delayed!

The biometrics letter arrived a month later (should have taken two weeks) We couldn't get his biometrics done at the time (we were moving house and so things got a bit busy) so we decided to leave his application invalid, in the hope that when they returned our documents we could try and get his visa from the PEO office in Croydon.

13 weeks later we are waiting for an invalid application (and our fee) to be returned.

My husband has heard horror stories from friends who have been without their passport for up to 6 months and he believes his passport will not come soon. We had hoped to take our children overseas to visit their grandparents at the end of this month. It's not looking likely that my husband will be able to travel. So I will have to take them on my own :(
I really had hoped things would be completed within a shorter time frame. I feel very disappointed by the UK Border agency.

I still keep hoping that special delivery arrives soon......keep looking out for it.

I'll let you know if and when it arrives.....?!?