ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK before applying for tier 4 visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

o_Ojack
Newly Registered

Visiting UK before applying for tier 4 visa

Post by o_Ojack » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:11 am

I have just received an offer from London College of Fashion and am due to start school on the 24th of September.

I completed my a language course in London under the student visitor visa in last week and have returned to my country of residence Taiwan to apply for the tier 4 visa.

I previously made the the following travel plans to come to London for the olympics, and have booked tickets already:
July 26th: Taiwan -> London
July 30th: London -> Paris
August 4th: Paris -> London
August 11th: London -> Taiwan

If my course starts at the end of September, it is likely that the tier 4 visa will start around that time. Is it possible to come into the UK at the end of July using a visitor visa, and then come back again in September using the tier 4 visa? And would the Paris trip add any complication? Because potentially I will be entering UK with visitor visa twice, once from taiwan and once from paris. I really don't want to jeopardize the tier 4 visa.

Really appreciate your help.

Jack

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Visiting UK before applying for tier 4 visa

Post by Loveislovely » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 pm

o_Ojack wrote:I have just received an offer from London College of Fashion and am due to start school on the 24th of September.

I completed my a language course in London under the student visitor visa in last week and have returned to my country of residence Taiwan to apply for the tier 4 visa.

I previously made the the following travel plans to come to London for the olympics, and have booked tickets already:
July 26th: Taiwan -> London
July 30th: London -> Paris
August 4th: Paris -> London
August 11th: London -> Taiwan

If my course starts at the end of September, it is likely that the tier 4 visa will start around that time. Is it possible to come into the UK at the end of July using a visitor visa, and then come back again in September using the tier 4 visa? And would the Paris trip add any complication? Because potentially I will be entering UK with visitor visa twice, once from taiwan and once from paris. I really don't want to jeopardize the tier 4 visa.

Really appreciate your help.

Jack
This should not cause any trouble with your tier 4 visa, once you return back to taiwan before visit visa expires, then you must apply for the tier 4
visa before returning to the uk, all will be fine..... good luck.
All for one, one for all..... Peace