ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2/Residence Card Applicant - How to ask for COA asap.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DennisB
Newly Registered

EEA2/Residence Card Applicant - How to ask for COA asap.

Post by DennisB » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi,

I can't find any other topics that seem to directly answer this question, so I hope you don't mind me creating a new topic.

My wife posted her application for an EEA2 residence card a few weeks ago. Now her Family permit has expired. I'm still working, so her right to reside and work is in tact, but without the COA we're worried about proving.

I called the 'helpline' last week, they didn't take any of my details and when I asked about the COA they said I would be sent but they couldn't tell me how long it would take and that could be anyting, depending on how simple complicated our case was. I told them my wife needed it for work, which is true, as she has already lost one job offer, and may lose a second, they said we had to wait, or I could give employers a number to call where they can ask if someone can work.

So I'd like to ask the forum whether

1) anyone has every used this number.. does it work? Do employers get a sensible answer - bare in mind me are a surinder singh case so extra nervous.

2) has anyone ever called it themselves to test what they say?

3) is there any way to request/push for the COA to be sent ASAP?

Please advise. As always, I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Dennis

catnap2012
Newly Registered

Post by catnap2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi

18th April - applied for EEA2

6th June - Still no COA, so I called the general 'help line', they told me they could not tell me what the status of my application was unless it's been 6months since I applied. I asked them if I should have received the COA by now, they said maybe, maybe not. But that if I wanted I could write a letter to request it. This is the address I sent the letter to:
European Team
UK Border Agency
P.O Box 306
Liverpool
L2OQN

8th June - Send letter requesting the COA

20th June - today I received the letter.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it's just my COA, but it states that this letter does not confirm my right to keep working.

:cry:

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Sorry. I can't find this number now, but I'll post it up tomorrow.

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Thank you catnap2012.

Yes, they said the same thing about not telling me the status for 6 months. Which is SO frustrating.

But that's really worrying about your COA, what if they've stopped sending them. Surely they can't do that anyway?!

AND it look a while getting to you.

A friend has suggested officially complaining, though I'm not sure on what grounds.

Cheers,

Dennis

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Ok, I can't find this number now, I'm sorry. I'll probably try to call again.

Does anyone else have any advice on this please?

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Ok, got it.

0300 222 0000

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:08 am

DennisB wrote:Ok, got it.

0300 222 0000
This is IPS (passports) advice line number and has nothing to do with EEA applications.