ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 self-employment client

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edwinpaul
Newly Registered

Tier 1 self-employment client

Post by edwinpaul » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 pm

When my friend applied for his Tier 1 visa extension last year, he had a shortage of £1000 in his salary.
So I showed the payments he received from his self employment. He showed the invoice and details of just one of his clients whose payment was above £1000.
Recently, he had an argument with this same client and his client is blackmailing him saying that
he will tell home office that my friend did not do any work for them.
Actually, my friend did work for them and he has
1. Contracts of the work signed by the so called client,
2. Invoices he sent to them,
3. Photocopies of the cheques signed by both director and treasurer,
4. Letter signed by the director confirming the payment,
5. His business bank statements which prove the money paid into his business account from their account,
6. Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet prepared by the accountant and
6. Accountant's letter confirming the profit
If his client call the home office and tell them he did not work for that particular client; the client paid the money just to help him in his visa process,
will home office believe that and cancel the Tier 1 visa which they extended last year for him?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 pm

I fail to see how a disagreement can lead someone to blackmail another person to this extent if everything is genuine.

My gut feeling is that you have not told us the complete story.

Kind Regards

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 self-employment client

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:56 am

edwinpaul wrote:When my friend applied for his Tier 1 visa extension last year, he had a shortage of £1000 in his salary.
So I showed the payments he received from his self employment. He showed the invoice and details of just one of his clients whose payment was above £1000.
Recently, he had an argument with this same client and his client is blackmailing him saying that
he will tell home office that my friend did not do any work for them.
Actually, my friend did work for them and he has
5. His business bank statements which prove the money paid into his business account from their account,
6. Accountant's letter confirming the profit
If his client call the home office and tell them he did not work for that particular client; the client paid the money just to help him in his visa process,
will home office believe that and cancel the Tier 1 visa which they extended last year for him?
1- Don't you think your "friend's" client has done an illegal thing and will be in trouble himself if he calls HO.
2- If your "friend" has worked for the client and has got everything you have mentioned above (& paid the necessary taxes), he should be fine. Don't worry.

Above response is just my views

WRS

Re: Tier 1 self-employment client

Post by WRS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

edwinpaul wrote: the client paid the money just to help him in his visa process,
If the client says so to Home Office, he will be inviting trouble to himself as well.

edwinpaul
Newly Registered

Post by edwinpaul » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 am

I know it is going to trouble the client as well; but since my friend has got all
7. Accountant's letter confirming the profit
will they not prove that what the client says is a lie and my friend has done the work? Do we have to do anything else to prove it?

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:23 pm

edwinpaul wrote: will they not prove that what the client says is a lie and my friend has done the work? Do we have to do anything else to prove it?
In this case your friend is on more safe side than his client. And you got all the proper documents and your friends client has to come up with a case saying your friend has forged every document he has provided and its gonna be a very lengthy case and both will be involved a big time.

So just tell your friends client that he would be in trouble more than your friend.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Your friend is more safe .. Don't worry as long as you have the proper document ... Good luck
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....