ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Delays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fahad2
Newly Registered

ILR Delays

Post by Fahad2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 am

hi,
I am wondering if anyone can suggest something as i quite stressed about the ILR application I made for me and my family.
I made this application on premium service on12.6.2012 . The PEO at the end of the day told me that all of the documents were fine but the biometric system was down so as soon as he gets those results the next day he would send all my documents to my address and he wrote that on the receipt which he gave to me since. since then I have not heard a word. Tried contacting home office but they cant give any information about any applications made within 6 months.
What do you suggest ? should i go to Croydon again but will i be seen without appointment? Has anyone else come across same problems and what sort of time period should i be waiting for?
much obliged if quick response is given.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Fahad2,

Well I would just advice you to be patience and just wait for the UKBA call they'll call hopefully soon well no one on this earth can give you the time frame that when they'll be able to call you but I am hoping and from my reading experiences on this forum they normally call people who has suffered from so called damn IT issues with in a months time period you shouldn't be getting worried. You won't be seen at Croydon without having an appointment so that idea is pretty useless I know I can understand that you must be under lots of stress at the moment but I would like to advice you that just try to patience and just compose your self and you should be fine dont wait for it so desperately the time will go fast that's just an advice.

Please kindly keep us updated on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

mayak76
Newly Registered

Post by mayak76 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 am

I'm in exactly the same situation. I had my appointment in Liverpool, and was told exactly the same thing. Sounds to me like it's a standard reply that they are told to use, no matter what the reason is behind it. What I don't understand is how some people get their approval straight away, while others have to wait so long, even though both are told by the case worker that their documents are fine!

How can biometrics take no time at all to come through for some people, but take weeks for others? Surely, if you have not done your biometrics before, then there's nothing to check them against, and it's a simple matter of creating a new record for you...

It's all a load of rubbish, considering how much we are paying for this so-called premium service (plus taking a day off work for the interview, plus travelling, etc, etc.)... Ridiculous.

Fahad2
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I received the Biometric card for me and my son stating I have indefinite leave to remain today but still have not received the passport and my wife's biometric card has not come.

Fahad2
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

received my docs today

gm21

Post by gm21 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Congrats mate now njoy it