ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days + preferred name Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

batesford
Newly Registered

28 days + preferred name Queries

Post by batesford » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

Dear All,

I've booked my ILR appointment on 27/07 (opening ceremony date) at Croydon PEO. Could someone please comment on below issues?

1. My current leave to remain (tier 1 general) runs out on 24/08/2012. Since my appointment was exactly 28 days before, would this be any problems?

2. I am using different name at work, all my payslips and P60s are showing my preferred name (not official first name on my passport; surrname is correct)
Official name: Cheryl Cole ( I wish)
Name at work: Ashley Chery Cole/Ashley Cole

I will ask HR to do some certification on this. just wondering if this will be any issues to case officer? NB all payslips and P60s are showing N.I. number; all other documents are in the name of my official name Cheryl Cole.

Many thanks in advance. BTW, anybody attending Croydon PEO on 27/07?

Smam

Re: 28 days + preferred name Queries

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 pm

batesford wrote:Dear All,

I've booked my ILR appointment on 27/07 (opening ceremony date) at Croydon PEO. Could someone please comment on below issues?

1. My current leave to remain (tier 1 general) runs out on 24/08/2012. Since my appointment was exactly 28 days before, would this be any problems?

2. I am using different name at work, all my payslips and P60s are showing my preferred name (not official first name on my passport; surrname is correct)
Official name: Cheryl Cole ( I wish)
Name at work: Ashley Chery Cole/Ashley Cole

I will ask HR to do some certification on this. just wondering if this will be any issues to case officer? NB all payslips and P60s are showing N.I. number; all other documents are in the name of my official name Cheryl Cole.

Many thanks in advance. BTW, anybody attending Croydon PEO on 27/07?
Hi

1. No, it shouldn't be any problem for you for your appointment.

2. You need to explain the CW regarding your Business Name and Name on the PP I think you should be fine I dont really see any problem in that.

Please do kindly share your PEO Experience on the forum with us.

Good luck for your ILR.

batesford
Newly Registered

Many thanks Smam for your quick response

Post by batesford » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi Smam,

You are my super hero, many thanks. Will definitely keep everyone posted after my appointment.

Good luck to all.
Batesford

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: 28 days + preferred name Queries

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

batesford wrote:I've booked my ILR appointment on 27/07 (opening ceremony date) at Croydon PEO. Could someone please comment on below issues?

Can you confirm/provide the following beforehand:

Immigration category covering the 5 year residency period : Tier 1 General Migrant - Is this correct?
Visa Valid from date (EC): ?
Date of entry into the UK: ?
Visa Expiry date: 24/08/2012

batesford
Newly Registered

Visa details

Post by batesford » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 am

Hi cs95tdg,

Please see my below details:
Immigration category covering the 5 year residency period : Tier 1 General Migrant - Is this correct? Yes HSMP 2 Years + Tier 1 General 3 years

Visa Valid from date (EC): 24/08/2007
Date of entry into the UK: 01/10/2007

Let me know if there is any concerns.
Many thanks in advance.
batesford

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Visa details

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

batesford wrote:Hi cs95tdg,

Please see my below details:
Immigration category covering the 5 year residency period : Tier 1 General Migrant - Is this correct? Yes HSMP 2 Years + Tier 1 General 3 years

Visa Valid from date (EC): 24/08/2007
Date of entry into the UK: 01/10/2007

Let me know if there is any concerns.
Many thanks in advance.
batesford
The earliest you should apply is 28 days before "24/08/2012".

See Q4 & Q5 under the following sticky for reference:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

The following concession will apply to you, as you short fall of the 5 year residency period due to late entry into the UK but within 3 months. Therefore the the CW may consider the period between EC (24/08/2007) & Entry (01/10/2007) towards the 5 years as indicated below:

Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period
In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

batesford
Newly Registered

to cs95tdg

Post by batesford » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:39 pm

I have read through all sticky's posts already that's why I went for 27/07 appointment. Just wondering if anyone is applying exactly 28 days before current leave expires, or wait at least one day to avoid any doubts. I need some comfort please...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: to cs95tdg

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:58 pm

batesford wrote:I have read through all sticky's posts already that's why I went for 27/07 appointment. Just wondering if anyone is applying exactly 28 days before current leave expires, or wait at least one day to avoid any doubts. I need some comfort please...
The date you have selected should be fine based on the information you have provided and the date calculator.
But if I were to give my opinion, I'd allow a couple of days buffer to be on the safe side. This would be to avoid the risk of being turned away on the day & wasting my time.

batesford
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by batesford » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 pm

No chance to change the appointment date now. Will go for it anyway. As I am very good at how to calculating days (my work involves quite a lot of these sort of calculations), am ready for any challenges on my big day...