ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Start Date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

o_Ojack
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Start Date

Post by o_Ojack » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend is currently overseas in her home country and will be applying for tier 4 visa. Her school is due to start on September 24th, so according to the application guide line, the earliest visa start date can only be one month before the school start date, i.e. August 24th.

However, I have previously booked flight tickets for her to come to the UK to watch the Olympics on July 26th and well as sorting out accommodation for school. My question is, if she encloses her flight tickets and the olympic tickets when she submits the tier 4 application, is it possible for the tier 4 visa to start on a earlier date, i.e. July 26th, despite the fact that school starts on September 24th?

Many thanks to your help and advice in advance.

Jack

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 am

There is nothing in the guidance to suggest this would be possible. She can apply for a visit visa.

o_Ojack
Newly Registered

Post by o_Ojack » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that she previously held a "student visitor English language" visa where she studied a English course from October last year to June this year (8 months).

I was told that because the "student visitor English language" falls under the visitor category, and because she recently spent 8 months in the UK under that visa, she will not be eligible to apply for another visitor visa.

Do you know if this is true?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 pm

It's at the discretion of the UKBA and there is no harm in trying. If she has tickets for the Olympics and can show these and that she will be leaving after that event, I can't see it being a problem. It is, after all, an exceptional occasion and the world has been invited to attend. You don't need to mention the notion of her possible Tier 4 application. I think doing so might only complicate matters.That is something in the future that she will address after her return from the Olympics.

o_Ojack
Newly Registered

Post by o_Ojack » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

I understand your point.

But she would have already gotten the tier 4 visa by the time she arrives London, and it will show on her passport. I know there is no harm in trying, but she could risk losing her tier 4 visa if the immigration officer doesn't like the complications.

Apologies for going in circles, but I will feel much more at ease if I could know for sure that there won't be any problems with the process. What is your recommendation under the circumstances? Is there anything that could be done?