ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Ah, see, I'm the sponsor and my wife is the applicant and she's the one who wants to go home for the weddings. I'm very concerned that in these next 4/5 weeks, we won't get the visa/passports back and she won't be able to travel.

Is there any way of obtaining a separate travel document, leaving the passport with the application, to allow the applicant to travel?

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Still.Waiting wrote: My solicitor just informed me that each case is handled by different caseworkers and the processing time depends on how fast the caseworker handles your application. 14 weeks is an average time for processing these days.

He has also informed me that an application he filed after mine has already got a decision. So i guess there are no time patterns to how they process your application.
I hope that is true. I spoke with a representative from our local MP's office yesterday and they suggested that every application is dealt with on a strict basis of when it was received.

As my wife and I applied completely on our own, we didn't go through any individual or agency, I have my fingers crossed that your solicitor is accurate.

Aussie1987
Newly Registered

Final timeline!

Post by Aussie1987 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Date Applied/Docs sent: 25/01/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 01/02/12 (Dated 27/02/12)
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/03/12 (dated 01/03/12)
Date Biometrics Appointment Old Street Post Office: 06/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 16.06.12 (dated 15.06.12)
Biometric Card: 19.06.12 (dated 15.06.12)
Visa Type : FLR(M) for unmarried partner
Visa From: Tier 5 Youth Mobility

Good luck everyone!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Welshy wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote: My solicitor just informed me that each case is handled by different caseworkers and the processing time depends on how fast the caseworker handles your application. 14 weeks is an average time for processing these days.

He has also informed me that an application he filed after mine has already got a decision. So i guess there are no time patterns to how they process your application.
I hope that is true. I spoke with a representative from our local MP's office yesterday and they suggested that every application is dealt with on a strict basis of when it was received.

As my wife and I applied completely on our own, we didn't go through any individual or agency, I have my fingers crossed that your solicitor is accurate.
well yeah, but what my solicitor said about different caseworkers at different speeds make sense. plus he has already got a decision on a later application.

From what I see here, time trend seems to be around 14 to 18 weeks:

Applied: JANUARY to Decision: MAY
Applied: FEB and MARCH to Decision: JUNE, JULY
Applied: APRIL to Decision: JULY, AUGUST (hopefully)

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Even though it's only estimated, what you have wrote here gives me hope that we will be able to travel when we would like to in late July/early August.

Thank you. It's literally all I can think about and having a little glimmer of hope is greatly appreciated.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Welshy wrote:Even though it's only estimated, what you have wrote here gives me hope that we will be able to travel when we would like to in late July/early August.

Thank you. It's literally all I can think about and having a little glimmer of hope is greatly appreciated.
Keep us updated buddy !

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 am

Hi everyone,

I submitted my FLR(M) Unmarried partner visa on Monday (18 June 2012). Didn't come across this site till today and it's gotten me a little worried that I might not have my new visa in time.

My current Tier 1 visa expires on 7 Aug 2012. What happens to my employment status if I don't get my FLR(M) before my Tier 1 expires?
I can't not work - I have a mortgage to pay and my fiance needs his passport back as he needs to travel for work in September.

Please help...can I still work while UKBA is deciding on my FLR(M) application after my Tier 1 expires?

rwatanabe
Newly Registered

Post by rwatanabe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

reetzk wrote:Hi everyone,

I submitted my FLR(M) Unmarried partner visa on Monday (18 June 2012). Didn't come across this site till today and it's gotten me a little worried that I might not have my new visa in time.

My current Tier 1 visa expires on 7 Aug 2012. What happens to my employment status if I don't get my FLR(M) before my Tier 1 expires?
I can't not work - I have a mortgage to pay and my fiance needs his passport back as he needs to travel for work in September.

Please help...can I still work while UKBA is deciding on my FLR(M) application after my Tier 1 expires?
Hi reetzk, acording to the link below your employment and immigration status will continue if even the decision is not being made until after your current visa expiry date.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/#

rwatanabe
Newly Registered

Post by rwatanabe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Firstly I'd like to say the information provided on the forum is great, I have been reading everyones posts even though I don't really post much.

I have applied for my souse visa today. so my timeline is:

Date applied/docs sent: 21/06/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 22/06/2012
Date payment taken: 28/06/2012
Date received ack. letter: 29/06/2012 Dated 27/06/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived:
Date biometrics appointment Post Office:
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:
Biometric Card Received:
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW
Last edited by rwatanabe on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

in a similar situation to you welshy - applied 3rd march, and we both were planning on travelling 27th july. Can only get (partial) refund of flights and hotel if we cancel more than 7 days before then, but i guess even then there would still be a chance of the passports coming back in the following week! fingers crossed...

indespair

Post by indespair » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I applied on Valentine's Day hoping i was giving them plenty of time to process the application. Also have holidays booked on the 22nd July. Still waiting thou.

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:36 pm

reetzk wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi Reetzk,

Don't worry about it. I was on Tier 1 General visa which expired on 21/4/2012. I applied for FLR (M) on 23/2/2012 and am still waiting for a result. I have been working the whole time. Your visa status remains the same while UKBA is processing your application as long as you applied before the expiry date. Good luck.

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks guys.
Huge relief that I can still carry on working. Phew! Though I wish I came across this forum before I submitted my application. Would have gone in person and get it over and done with!

Here's my timeline:

Date applied/docs sent: 18/06/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 19/06/2012
Date payment was taken:
Date received ack. letter:
Biometric Card Received:
Visa Type : FLR(M) Unmarried Partner
Visa From: Tier 1 General

tcbrasil

Post by tcbrasil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Welshy wrote:

Me and my husband applied on our own too, cos I found online a website which sells a tutorial of how to put your application together. It was only £40 and it was definitely worthy because we sent every single document that they advised. If anyone needs it, just let me know.

Richman
Newly Registered

DX CARD

Post by Richman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Applied for FLR (M) on 25th Jan 2012. Have just found a DX card after work. Hv rebooked redelivery for Monday. Hopefully it will be a positive outcome. Will update you on Monday. Guys...wish I was at home today.

waitwaitwait

Re: DX CARD

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Richman wrote:Applied for FLR (M) on 25th Jan 2012. Have just found a DX card after work. Hv rebooked redelivery for Monday. Hopefully it will be a positive outcome. Will update you on Monday. Guys...wish I was at home today.
Dont worry, infact u should celebrate on the weekend because dx is the courier that home office uses to send you your BRP.
Documents are returned via royal mail. So its 100% your BRP :-)
Seeing you guys who applied in January , getting your visa , gives me hope that mine should be soon as well.(i hope)

Meanwhile my timeline:
Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi,

Here are my timelines:

Docs sent: 26/04/12
Ack. Letter: 11/05/12
Biometrics letter: 14/05/12
Biometrics taken: 18/05/12
Docs arrived: waiting
Biometric Card: waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Tier 1 Dependant

My wife's original visa expired in May 2012. I am quite sure that we should get the extension for my wife...

However, one question suddenly came in my mind and I thought let me check with the guys over here...

As my wife's original visa is expired now and just in case, if her extension is denied, so does she need to go back to origin country and reapply / appeal??? or Can she reapply / appeal from UK itself??

Fingers crossed.. I should not fall in that stituation, but just want to get an idea about what happens next?

Richman
Newly Registered

Re: Update on FLR application

Post by Richman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Application submitted: 25th January 2012.
Acknowledgement letter dated 31st Jan received: 3rd February 2012.
Biometrics letter received: 10th March 2012.
Biometrics submitted: 12th March 2012 @ Golders Green Postoffice.
Passport received from UKBA: Attempted delivery by Royal Mail today. Hv requested redelivery on Monday.
Biometrics ID received: Attempted delivery on 21st June by DX courier. Requested redelivery on 25th June.

The interesting part is I already know the outcome of the decision via my MP. I received an email from my MP today outlining that 2yrs have been granted. She even gave me the Royal Mail tracking number.

This was due to the fact that I had complained to the MP as UKBA had communicated to my employer that I was on a student visa. Imagine my hours were reduced to 20hrs earlier this month. Instead of UKBA responding to the MP query on my status they just responded with the positive news. However, I hv been working as a part-timer.
I would advise people to go for the premium service as I hv lost almost a months salary.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Richman wrote:Application submitted: 25th January 2012.
Acknowledgement letter dated 31st Jan received: 3rd February 2012.
Biometrics letter received: 10th March 2012.
Biometrics submitted: 12th March 2012 @ Golders Green Postoffice.
Passport received from UKBA: Attempted delivery by Royal Mail today. Hv requested redelivery on Monday.
Biometrics ID received: Attempted delivery on 21st June by DX courier. Requested redelivery on 25th June.

The interesting part is I already know the outcome of the decision via my MP. I received an email from my MP today outlining that 2yrs have been granted. She even gave me the Royal Mail tracking number.

This was due to the fact that I had complained to the MP as UKBA had communicated to my employer that I was on a student visa. Imagine my hours were reduced to 20hrs earlier this month. Instead of UKBA responding to the MP query on my status they just responded with the positive news. However, I hv been working as a part-timer.
I would advise people to go for the premium service as I hv lost almost a months salary.
Do you know if UKBA contacted your uni to make sure if you were attending classes regularly? I want to know if they would coz ever since ive applied for FLR(M) ive been worried sick about them contacting my uni and my uni telling them that i haven't been attending :shock: **If anyone else has anything to say in this regards, please be my guest **
Last edited by Still.Waiting on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

tcbrasil wrote:
Welshy wrote:

Me and my husband applied on our own too, cos I found online a website which sells a tutorial of how to put your application together. It was only £40 and it was definitely worthy because we sent every single document that they advised. If anyone needs it, just let me know.
Hi tcbrasil,

I am applying through the same office, do you know if they actually looked into your attendance?? I am kinda worried about this as after the application i havent been attending, however i know i am still registered with the uni meaning they have not kicked my out cos of my poor attendance.

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by cityboy25 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi Congrats to all January applicants would have recently have their BRP and passport back, hopefully we February’s applicants can start posting our news the board. Good luck guys

Date Applied/Docs sent: 07/02/12
Biometric Card/ Docs: waiting!

Richman
Newly Registered

Post by Richman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 pm

I was never a student in the first place. UKBA gave incorrect info to the employer.

Richman
Newly Registered

Post by Richman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm

I was never a student in the first place. UKBA gave incorrect info to the employer.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Does anyone know if the caseworkers work on one application at a time, or on many? I think that requesting them to correct info on the biometric letter has sent us to the bottom of their pile again...

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of withdrawing my FLR(M) application and re-applying in person. Has anyone done that? Would I loose the £561(which hasn't been taken from my card yet)?

How soon would the documents take to be returned to me?

Would really like to know the outcome of withdrawing an FLR(M) if anyone else has done it before. I'm getting married in OCT and flying out on 16 Oct. Really don't want to risk not having our passports & BRP back by then...

If I do withdraw, I have to withdraw & reapply before the 7th of Aug (which is when my current Tier 1 expires)

My timeline is as follows:

Date applied/docs sent: 18/06/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 19/06/2012
Date payment was taken:
Date received ack. letter:
Biometric Card Received:
Visa Type : FLR(M) Unmarried Partner
Visa From: Tier 1 General